That's Strange!

I know going off-topic a little, but do you remember the firework truck explosion on Fengate? 800Kg of fireworks exploded in a truck that caught fire and stopped in Vibropant's yard back in 1989. Our electrical company were one of first on the scene after to make a number of businesses electricals safe following the bang. Turned Fengate into a warzone scene........
I'd forgotten about that! I remember it now though. I was still at school, so it was something in the news and that we talked about at school, rather than a firsthand memory, but yes, that was huge!

Well, what are the odds of that? I was born and raised in Peterborough (around Central Park area, Millfield, Bretton) worked in off-licences and as a security guard then more offys (sometimes in Orton or Fengate). Lost my way after that but didn't end up in Luton! I'm still loafing around in Peterborough.
Welcome aboard!
Ben did you work on racing engines? I looked up Offy

• Haha
Reactions: RoseRed and Benway
Ben did you work on racing engines? I looked up Offy
Haha! No! It's short for off-license, which is a liquor store. It's because if you run a bar you have a license to sell alcoholic drinks for consumption on the premises, but if you sell them in a shop you have an easier to get license to sell drinks for consumption off the premises. Don't ask me why we use legalese for a shop name, but we do!

Haha! No! It's short for off-license, which is a liquor store. It's because if you run a bar you have a license to sell alcoholic drinks for consumption on the premises, but if you sell them in a shop you have an easier to get license to sell drinks for consumption off the premises. Don't ask me why we use legalese for a shop name, but we do!
Ahh thanks for explaining that.

Though half the British contingent seem to be from the same town! England is bigger than that, honestly.
I'm in the South West and that's a long way from Peterborough! :D

Reactions: Benway
Ha, ha, ha!!! Vibro Plant's yard. Bad, but funny, typo........

Vibro Plant used to hire plant equipment back in the days. Found this about the explosion event on YouTube:

Reactions: Benway and RoseRed