Those are the mini canisters and you carry them in a sling. Had one for a bit but they don't last very long at the liter rate I use. The coverings are normally blue.We used to compare notes on things we found in hotel rooms while traveling on business. The best places to look were between the mattress and box spring, and behind pictures/wall hangings. Porn, undergarments, and marital aids were fairly common, drugs (pills and roaches, usually) a little less so. Strangest thing in a hotel room was a pair of panties stuffed into a tiny coffee pot of the in-room coffee service. Thankfully, it was a second pot in a dresser drawer, not the pot then in service with the coffee maker.
A month or two after 9/11, I found an unattended O2 tank stuffed behind a plant in a local mall. It was enclosed in a soft covering, and was in what looked like sling you'd use for a broken arm. I brought it to the attention of mall security, who called the police. As we all stood around looking at it, with the responding police officer getting ready to call EOD, a little old lady came out of one of the large anchor stores, walked over to the plant, and picked up the bottle. Long story short, she told the cop it was none of his business where she put her O2 bottle and she walked out with it.
When I was about 12-13 my family had just moved. The previous owner of our new home had, for some bizzare reason I still don't know, taken all the light switch covers with them when they moved out. There was not a single switch in the entire house that had a cover on it. We didn't think much of it other than it was kind of a jerk thing to do and that we would need to make a trip to the hardware store.The strangest thing I ever found was my hand inside a live 3-phase distribution panel, touching the 'blue' phase
Long story short, when I was an electrical apprentice back in the late 80s, and health and safety being a LOT different back then, we use to do a lot of commercial and industrial electrics which had to be done 'live' on some sites as production lines could not be shut down.
We were working in a textile factory in Peterborough one day and I had to do some work on the 3-pase (415V) dissie board. There was some racking in front of the panel that I had to get on to get into the electrics. As the racking had wooden boards that I was kneeling on, and wood being an insulator, I was not too worried about it. Unfortunately for me, like a dingbat I rested my chin on the METAL framework of the racking, just before I reached into the electric board and just glanced my right hand on the 'blue' phase busbar.
Didn't half make my teeth chatter as 240V went through my hand, up my arm and to the metal framework via my jaw.
Sooooo funny now looking backl