That's a "Croc"...

Me either, Paul. My buddy loved them and would ride his Harley in his sandals/flip flops/whatever they were lol. Nope. Not for me.
wow, riding a bike in those things would be torture for me. i do ride occasionally in sneakers but try to always wear boots, especially on longer rides. those things would just be asking for trouble i think... but i also never ride in shorts, which i see a lot of people doing too. (until their leg hits the exhaust...lol.)

wow, riding a bike in those things would be torture for me. i do ride occasionally in sneakers but try to always wear boots, especially on longer rides. those things would just be asking for trouble i think... but i also never ride in shorts, which i see a lot of people doing too. (until their leg hits the exhaust...lol.)
When he lived in Florida he did not have to wear a helmet either. Shorts, sandals, bandanna, etc he was good to go on Harley lol.

When he lived in Florida he did not have to wear a helmet either. Shorts, sandals, bandanna, etc he was good to go on Harley lol.
i have full faced and half helmets (skull cap, beanie, etc...) and will admit i wear the half helmet more often than the full faced. georgia has a helmet law but even if it didnt i would still wear some type of head protection, south carolina and florida both dont have helmet laws and its not uncommon to see people riding without them, and on the coastal routes in shorts and tanktops.

Some use the excuse that if they come off, leathers will slide on the road and burn your skin. If this happens in shorts you wont have skin to burn, lol.
leather or thick jeans and boots is the best protection. gloves and a good riding leather jacket is even better. i hardly ever wear gloves though and a jacket is really unbearable in the southern heat 6 months out of the year. but still i do the best i can. most accidents is from carelessness and not paying attention to other drivers, when on a bike you have to be hyper alert. other drivers dont pay attention so you have to be focused at all times. people coming into your lane or when making turns across traffic are the most common accidents other than just riders being stupid/careless. speed/sport bikes (crotch rockets) are the worst of these with bad habits. i ride cruisers so not into the whole speed thing. i have no desire to do 140+ mph on 2 wheels, or even on 4 wheels for that matter....lol

i have full faced and half helmets (skull cap, beanie, etc...) and will admit i wear the half helmet more often than the full faced. georgia has a helmet law but even if it didnt i would still wear some type of head protection, south carolina and florida both dont have helmet laws and its not uncommon to see people riding without them, and on the coastal routes in shorts and tanktops.
Here in PA there is no helmet law either...I personally always wear a helmet when riding :D