That's a "Croc"...

I hadn't seen anyone wearing these for a very long time and then yesterday I saw a guy with them so this thread is a weird coincidence.

But, I've never owned any. They remind me of the shoes that I had to wear 12-15 hours a day for a week for the movie "Face/Off":

faceoffshoes.jpg
Hi Crux, do you mind me asking what you do in the film industry? I’m a dialect coach,semi-retired

I used to wear them, they were good when watering the garden. They were $5 a pair then. That's the good part. The bad things are they don't look cool imo, dangerous over here with the bitey things, your feet sweat and now they cost around $80 a pair :oops:. They even have high end, high heel versions now that cost more than a good pair of leather boots. I reckon they'd cost cents to make overseas. I'll keep my thongs, I think you call them flip flops, still at $5.

I used to wear them, they were good when watering the garden. They were $5 a pair then. That's the good part. The bad things are they don't look cool imo, dangerous over here with the bitey things, your feet sweat and now they cost around $80 a pair :oops:. They even have high end, high heel versions now that cost more than a good pair of leather boots. I reckon they'd cost cents to make overseas. I'll keep my thongs, I think you call them flip flops, still at $5.
Thongs means something different here.;)
7348664_316_b_f_lace_thong_color__bikbok_59_5999.jpg
Probably not a good look for you, mate.

I have a camo pair. Love em. Paul they are great camp shoes bud!
They seem to be a regional thing. My brother loves them. He also lives in Louisiana. I don't see a good use for them up here in Jersey...maybe wearing while fishing? I have a pair of 'water shoes' for that if i wanted. Though no support or comfort whatsoever lol.