That's a "Croc"...

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Yes, I'm talking about Crocs...the shoe.
This poor shoe has become the joke of shoes! Now, I ask ya...what is so wrong about them?
Comfy, easy to put on, comes in every color and design possible...sounds perfect yet they have a terrible reputation! lol
Have you ever worn them? Do you own a pair but are afraid to go in public with them?
While on the topic of footwear, what is your "go to" shoe?

db8e55df91a6d1f4a6514e59bde138e9.jpg

I am not now, nor have I ever been, a Crocs owner.

To start I find the design to be aesthetically displeasing at best and hazardous to one's health at worst. The all plastic design is not conducive for long term wear as it can cause rubbing and blisters along with limited ventilation. The lack of proper heel support can cause a person to put undue stress on other parts of the foot, such as the on the toes, which can lead to other problems if worn for long periods of time. In an emergency situation which requires any kind of running, hiking or climbing these shoes look like a liability.

I'm not sure what the manufacturing process looks like but they seem to be very expensive for what is essentially just a bulky flip flop. You could buy yourself several pairs of actual flip flops for the price of one pair of Crocs, and probably have more outfits that go with thos flip flops than do with the Crocs.

For myself I typically wear either boots (work boots, hiking boots, combat boots, motorcycle boots) or simple "skater" style tennis shoes (like Vans or classic Converse), depending on weather and what activities I have planned for the day.

I have a camo pair. Love em. Paul they are great camp shoes bud!
where ive camped and hiked ive seen rattlesnakes the size of my arms and 4 feet long.... i am not wearing sandals or flip-flops in those areas..... and even though they are called "crocs", i dont think they are gator proof...... ill stick with boots...lol

I am not now, nor have I ever been, a Crocs owner.

To start I find the design to be aesthetically displeasing at best and hazardous to one's health at worst. The all plastic design is not conducive for long term wear as it can cause rubbing and blisters along with limited ventilation. The lack of proper heel support can cause a person to put undue stress on other parts of the foot, such as the on the toes, which can lead to other problems if worn for long periods of time. In an emergency situation which requires any kind of running, hiking or climbing these shoes look like a liability.

I'm not sure what the manufacturing process looks like but they seem to be very expensive for what is essentially just a bulky flip flop. You could buy yourself several pairs of actual flip flops for the price of one pair of Crocs, and probably have more outfits that go with thos flip flops than do with the Crocs.

For myself I typically wear either boots (work boots, hiking boots, combat boots, motorcycle boots) or simple "skater" style tennis shoes (like Vans or classic Converse), depending on weather and what activities I have planned for the day.
And the crowd goes WILD! :p
Steve, you said it all and best :D
I totally agree :D

where ive camped and hiked ive seen rattlesnakes the size of my arms and 4 feet long.... i am not wearing sandals or flip-flops in those areas..... and even though they are called "crocs", i dont think they are gator proof...... ill stick with boots...lol
Never.....said wear them in the field. At camp. Trust me, we probably have more snakes down here! I wear my snake boots in the woods.

Never.....said wear them in the field. At camp. Trust me, we probably have more snakes down here! I wear my snake boots in the woods.
lol, a lot of times where i camp IS in the field...... hike in a mile or so and set up camp. i prefer off grid or dispersed camping over campgrounds. or if on a waterway, boat in and set up on an island along the way. as steve mentioned above, i prefer something a little heavier and more for moving quickly without fear of "running" out of my shoes... plus the threat of blisters from contact with the rubber, or the humidity factor of the southern environment. (you know that well too i believe...lol)

Reactions: Selectric and Lynne
lol, a lot of times where i camp IS in the field...... hike in a mile or so and set up camp. i prefer off grid or dispersed camping over campgrounds. or if on a waterway, boat in and set up on an island along the way. as steve mentioned above, i prefer something a little heavier and more for moving quickly without fear of "running" out of my shoes... plus the threat of blisters from contact with the rubber, or the humidity factor of the southern environment. (you know that well too i believe...lol)
Touche' Senoir! Touche'. For the record, I never said WEAR THEM ALL DAY! LOL. Hey, go check the mail....put the crocs on Oh crap nevermind. yall hate em, I put down my sword! Lol