That's a "Croc"...

20220728_144401.jpg

Reactions: Paulm
honda makes great bikes. ive owned a couple and loved them. my Suzuki i will keep though, just something about it i really love, but i really do want an old 70's honda to take it back to its original look or build into a cafe racer style, or a newer one to build into a "bobber" for around town riding.... metric bikes are great for projects, get them dirt cheap and easy to build/fix. motorcycles are fun and fairly straight forward machines to understand.
I've never been a motorcycle guy, but I had a college classmate whose goal in life was to buy a Vincent Black Shadow. They'd already been out of production for like 20 years by the mid/late 70s , but was supposed to have been the fastest production bike every made to that point. He was obsessed with getting one.

Odd character, went all the way through aero engineering school, only to take a very pedestrian engineering job for some outfit, in either Oregon or Idaho, that made pipes for the petroleum industry. Seemed like an odd place to live if you're a biker. Beautiful, but I'd think a short riding season.

To my knowledge he's never been in contact with any of us who graduated together, so I don't know if he ever got his Vincent.

I've never been a motorcycle guy, but I had a college classmate whose goal in life was to buy a Vincent Black Shadow. They'd already been out of production for like 20 years by the mid/late 70s , but was supposed to have been the fastest production bike every made to that point. He was obsessed with getting one.

Odd character, went all the way through aero engineering school, only to take a very pedestrian engineering job for some outfit, in either Oregon or Idaho, that made pipes for the petroleum industry. Seemed like an odd place to live if you're a biker. Beautiful, but I'd think a short riding season.

To my knowledge he's never been in contact with any of us who graduated together, so I don't know if he ever got his Vincent.
that was a nice cafe racer style bike, i love some of the British bikes, Royal Enfield still makes a lot of that style/design bikes... very nice machines. i rode some dirt bikes growing up like a lot of teenage guys...lol... never got into street bikes until the military. something about the military and motorcycles...lol... had a teammate i went through basic, Inf. school, airborne school etc... with, who was a hardcore rider. he loved sport bikes but sparked my interest in riding. i went the cruiser route and have ridden ever since. he was from Maine, talk about a place NOT meant for riding...lol... the summers are good but the rest of the year is not so much so....

we have seatbelt laws but its only a 15 dollar fine and it dousnt go against your license. so a lot of people still ignore it. ( i wear it, even though i dont care to...lol)..... you will get pulled over for it if the cop is bored enough though....lol... their main focus now is cell phone use while driving, that is a big fine
We get a $352 fine plus we lose points off our license and yelled at, lol. I think it's up to yourself whether you wear one but restrain kids.

Reactions: Paulm and Duke