That side dish...

Not sure but I just cook them on the hot plate. I don't like duck eggs usually but the smoke makes them good.
So do you cook them cracked and scrambled?

No, just fried. Duck eggs also make great cakes, better than chicken eggs.
Oh yes on the baking with duck eggs idea. We didn't eat them like reg. eggs, but we made cakes and cookies with them. the recipe had to be adjusted because of their size but yes, great for that.

Black bean salad is a good summer side

Yep, I whined and told her that I had almost forgotten how great hers are until this thread got me to thinking about them. I used my pitiful puppy face too!

• Big Grin
Reactions: Debi
I am late to the picnic and most used my ideas as well. I would add watermelon. I see we have beans on here so I will just add a quick tip to make a tasty adjustment to plain old baked beans. We call them cowboy beans. There are many homemade versions, but I just dump a can of Hormel chili (the one with meat) into a can of Bushes baked beans and add one or two tablespoons of brown sugar and heat tog. It is very good and a nice change up. The sugar can always be left out, but I like mine a little sweet.
Mrs Critter makes this using hamburger. It is a requested dish at our family get-togethers. Since she uses items at hand, the dish varies from time to time. If it was up to me, I would add chili powder, cumin, and a dash of cayenne.

Today's lunch 12.1 bicycle miles from my home. Chicken bbq, coleslaw, baked beans, and for the first time at this bbq place, peach pie

PXL_20230605_173225645.jpg

Yum. There goes the 626 calories that I supposedly burned on the way here.

Last edited: