That one coworker.....

I came to a company terminal to get my truck serviced....regular checkup basically. Instead of getting me in tomorrow morning so I can go home they are putting me off till afternoon and I won’t get out of this retarded place till Sunday. How’s that for annoying. Ugh. Trucking companies are ran by Satan; in case anyone needed to know LOL
My real dad was CEO for a big trucking company here in Oz,I never really knew him but my half brother I met after my father died said he was a little "difficult" lol.

Reactions: WitchAndShaman
I enjoyed reading these. I worked in a correctional facility so the personalities there seemed to be the altruistic types and the power hungry, bully types. I had some great friends and the rest I would have loved shoving off a cliff (figuratively), lol.
My son in law has just started work as an officer at a prison,he says most of the inmates are nice compared to certain staff members.

Trucking is about them taking every possible act of desperation to get that last buck. The mega carriers lie to all the drivers and it’s pretty much a huge scam. Some are savvy and some aren’t. After you get your experience you transfer to another company to actually make a living. For example...they tell you that you are getting a certain percentage of the load but they don’t tell you they already took 46.5% of the load value before they show you that number. Then they put in place what they call “performance based” programs where anyone with knowledge of statistics can see that the program is totally against the driver from the start. For example....giving you an all black truck with no APU and telling you when you idle to stay cool they are deducting your pay. So...they are saying they want you to sleep in a 90 to 110 degree cab if you want to keep your pay. They suck lol. To say the least. But I will transition soon; once I find something.

Reactions: Donna K.
My son in law has just started work as an officer at a prison,he says most of the inmates are nice compared to certain staff members.
I think they should double the pay of those that serve and protect; and fire all those who harass and collect. Just my opinion.

Trucking is about them taking every possible act of desperation to get that last buck. The mega carriers lie to all the drivers and it’s pretty much a huge scam. Some are savvy and some aren’t. After you get your experience you transfer to another company to actually make a living. For example...they tell you that you are getting a certain percentage of the load but they don’t tell you they already took 46.5% of the load value before they show you that number. Then they put in place what they call “performance based” programs where anyone with knowledge of statistics can see that the program is totally against the driver from the start. For example....giving you an all black truck with no APU and telling you when you idle to stay cool they are deducting your pay. So...they are saying they want you to sleep in a 90 to 110 degree cab if you want to keep your pay. They suck lol. To say the least. But I will transition soon; once I find something.
Just driving a truck sounds like enough work without all that to worry about.

My coworker Mike was a brilliant guy, I worked with him for 25 years. He had never married, and his social life/skills were extremely limited. He was known for saying some really off-the-wall things. He was particularly nervous around women, or even talking about women.

In the 90s, the USAF decided women would be permitted to fly in combat, including flying single seat fighters. This decision required us to look into what personal quipment already in the inventory was usable by women, and what wasn't. The most glaring need was to develop a means by which our female aircrew could relieve themselves on long missions, their equivalent of what were known as "piddle packs" used by males.

Our boss convened a brain storming/planning meeting to discuss the way ahead, there were 4-5 of us there, all men. Our boss kicked off the discussion giving a very top level synopsis of the issue, including short and long term goals. He then opened the floor to brainstorming.

Mike spoke up first, and said something like, "Well, there are significant differences between men and women, and how they go to the toilet. Men have parts women don't have, do you understand?"

My boss looked up and said, "Mike, I've been married 28 years and I raised three daughters. I know the difference between men and women."
I like Mike!

Reactions: Donna K. and Duke
Does the coworker who interrupted a business call and bent down on her knee to propose marriage to me count?

Ah, does this post fit better into that other thread about blind dates (gone wrong)?

Last edited:
Self employed painting contractor, and I've had some bad hires. No cute stories here. Learned this:
Drugs are bad.

Nowadays, if I get a big job and need more manpower, it'll be a call to other contractor friends who have hired my former employees. That way I can borrow pre-vetted guys with a specific skill set.
Then we swap funny stories about jobs long past since Roman times. (the 90's)
Inevitably, two names always come up. The Drug Brothers. Not funny. But they are still out there 20 years on, making misery on other contractors, co-workers, and customers.

use-on-areas-irritation-so-slathered-all-over-my-coworker-deborah-335-pm-19-feb-20-twitter-ip...jpeg