That one coworker.....

Duke

Open-minded critical thinker
Staff
Reaction score
Everybody has had that one coworker, that guy or gal who seems to be a few degrees out of phase with the rest of world, who leaves others scratching their heads.

Tell us about yours.
86-of-people-say-that-they-have-at-least-one-5403107.png

Patti. OMG, our southern belle. Patti was in her late 60's, looked maybe 50. Always every beautiful hair in place and make up perfect. This woman looked the perfect lady and she was GOOD at her job! However, Patti didn't care what anyone else thought of her and did things totally her way. Often Miss Southern Charm would let her language devolve into sugar coated no no words that you might not even notice until you did a double take. She said them with that much charm! lol And she would do things that perhaps others might find out of line except she did them with such flare nobody took notice except to giggle sometimes. Example...if her foot itched and needed scratched, off came the shoe, off came the sock, (sometimes to the hummed tune of the strip tease music) and scratching would take place behind the nurses station with much exuberance. Instead of a private area, the world could watch. I spent a lot of time coaching her on what needed to be done behind a door, yet she'd tell me "Well, darlin', it's just a natural thing we all gotta do from time to time so it ain't no big secret!" Oy vey.

I can't think of a particular one but every job I've had contained one really nasty character that would make everyone's life hard,dob co workers in all the time,cause trouble and just be generally objectionable.Every job :tired:.

I can't think of a particular one but every job I've had contained one really nasty character that would make everyone's life hard,dob co workers in all the time,cause trouble and just be generally objectionable.Every job :tired:.
I think in the medical field you just find more of what I'd call "characters" instead of nasty people. One other little character I had (who is still a bestest friend) is my former assistant. This little 4'9" ball of fire has to sit on a pillow to see over the wheel of her little car. We always looked like Mutt and Jeff....you young ones will have to look that up..lol She moved so fast she stirred paper sitting on counters. And she had a wicked sense of humor.

I happened to have a year of "accident prone" Debi time. Now, this girl loved me, but if something happened to me and she knew I was gonna be OK, she'd laugh her butt off at me. I could be laying on the floor from a slip, and she'd burst out laughing. One time a VERY large 8 foot "tube" fell over in the store room we were in, bonked me on the head and I ended up catching it before it hit the floor. Now, instead of helping me right this dang thing (which was kinda heavy) she was bent over laughing while I held it there waiting. When I finally said "a little help here" she cracked up again and left me holding that thing for 5 minutes.

My coworker Mike was a brilliant guy, I worked with him for 25 years. He had never married, and his social life/skills were extremely limited. He was known for saying some really off-the-wall things. He was particularly nervous around women, or even talking about women.

In the 90s, the USAF decided women would be permitted to fly in combat, including flying single seat fighters. This decision required us to look into what personal quipment already in the inventory was usable by women, and what wasn't. The most glaring need was to develop a means by which our female aircrew could relieve themselves on long missions, their equivalent of what were known as "piddle packs" used by males.

Our boss convened a brain storming/planning meeting to discuss the way ahead, there were 4-5 of us there, all men. Our boss kicked off the discussion giving a very top level synopsis of the issue, including short and long term goals. He then opened the floor to brainstorming.

Mike spoke up first, and said something like, "Well, there are significant differences between men and women, and how they go to the toilet. Men have parts women don't have, do you understand?"

My boss looked up and said, "Mike, I've been married 28 years and I raised three daughters. I know the difference between men and women."

I enjoyed reading these. I worked in a correctional facility so the personalities there seemed to be the altruistic types and the power hungry, bully types. I had some great friends and the rest I would have loved shoving off a cliff (figuratively), lol.

I enjoyed reading these. I worked in a correctional facility so the personalities there seemed to be the altruistic types and the power hungry, bully types. I had some great friends and the rest I would have loved shoving off a cliff (figuratively), lol.
I can imagine that would have been quite the mix to work with, Lynne.

Reactions: Donna K.
I’ve had some good bosses....but Ive had some really bad ones too. They are really the only ones I had trouble with. Probably why I transitioned to driving a semi. Don’t have to put up with anyone most of the time lol. The Quality field is a very competitive and political place where adults become evil children. I can’t stand stand to be around that.

I came to a company terminal to get my truck serviced....regular checkup basically. Instead of getting me in tomorrow morning so I can go home they are putting me off till afternoon and I won’t get out of this retarded place till Sunday. How’s that for annoying. Ugh. Trucking companies are ran by Satan; in case anyone needed to know LOL