That Moment...

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

There is always "that" song(s) that, when you hear it, transports you back to a moment in time that touches you at your soul and deep memory.

Which ones do that for you and what time does it take you back to?

Time Machine Song.jpg

Reactions: 7Critter
I had this experience the other night when this song came on as bumper music on C2C. Now, it holds no particular meaning to me other than I was suddenly 15 again, on a garden tractor, mowing the back yard with my transistor radio on high volume. For some reason that "moment" came back clear as if I was living it again. I could almost smell the grass!

Oh so many as I’m sure everyone here can attest. The most deeply instilled is an album rather than a song. But one song on the album slightly more deeply than the others. The album is Olivia Newton Johns’ “Physical” and the song “Recovery”.

Some of the singles on the album were popular on the radio when my ex-fiancé began calling me out for supposedly - and wrongly - being unfaithful to her with an old flame of mine. I tried for most of two weeks to get a handle on this madness. Through it all, my Ex told just about everyone she could that I was unfaithful Including my parents and hers.

I finally got her to state that she was purposely trying to make me mad. I immediately explained to her that she had not made me mad but hurt by her actions. I gave her no way back from that stunt and broke off my life with her for certain and for good right then.

When I got home, I called my supposed “old flame” and invited her to a private, all paid ski trip the following weekend. Then, I went and bought this album to play for the next few weeks to shake up my psyche.

Oh so many as I’m sure everyone here can attest. The most deeply instilled is an album rather than a song. But one song on the album slightly more deeply than the others. The album is Olivia Newton Johns’ “Physical” and the song “Recovery”.

Some of the singles on the album were popular on the radio when my ex-fiancé began calling me out for supposedly - and wrongly - being unfaithful to her with an old flame of mine. I tried for most of two weeks to get a handle on this madness. Through it all, my Ex told just about everyone she could that I was unfaithful Including my parents and hers.

I finally got her to state that she was purposely trying to make me mad. I immediately explained to her that she had not made me mad but hurt by her actions. I gave her no way back from that stunt and broke off my life with her for certain and for good right then.

When I got home, I called my supposed “old flame” and invited her to a private, all paid ski trip the following weekend. Then, I went and bought this album to play for the next few weeks to shake up my psyche.

Good for you Wands! You probably dodged a bullet with that one.