That Item on Your Bucket List.....

Duke

Open-minded critical thinker
Staff
Reaction score
At some point in your life, you will come to the conclusion that one particular item on your bucket list just isn't going to happen.

Have you gotten to that point yet, and if so, what is it you've accepted you won't get accomplished.

On the plus side, is there an item on that list that's still in play and you are fairly confident will get done?

I hate to say it but I don’t think I will ever get to see the Luvre in Paris. I have come to accept it. I will probably never get the stuff out of my basement but that is still a possibility.

I always wanted to touch the ground in each of the 50 states of the U.S.A. I have done perhaps 40 of the states, but most likely will not do all of the remaining ones. I did hit a bucket list item last September by going to Key West Florida and loved every minute.

There is one item on bucket list i can't mention on the site lol, but one i can is making it to Stonehenge. I will make it back to England one day and visit the landmark. I will also spend far more time in London. The b-list item i probably gave up on is moving to New Foundland. I absolutely loved it when i visited there. Going back to fish while there, yeah is still feasible, just not uprooting and living there for good.

I am positive that I won't go up in either an air balloon ride or a helicopter ride, but I still hope to visit Scotland.
I always wanted to go up in a balloon until a horrible crash in New Zealand killed 11 people. When I was little I'd get as many helium balloons as I could but never left the ground luckily, lol.

At some point in your life, you will come to the conclusion that one particular item on your bucket list just isn't going to happen.

Have you gotten to that point yet, and if so, what is it you've accepted you won't get accomplished.

On the plus side, is there an item on that list that's still in play and you are fairly confident will get done?
I've come to the conclusion that I'm never going to go on a date with Sandra Bullock. On the plus side...well in a few years, when the youngest are out of the house, I can see a small rv in my future and a life on the road with my wife.

I've accepted I won't travel to the more exotic locations I had on my list, the Falkland Islands and Malta in particular. I still have a chance at visiting all 50 states, with Alaska being the longest shot of the four (N Dakota, S Dakota, Montana, Alaska) remaining. In fact Mrs Duke and I talked about an Alaskan cruise a few weeks ago.

I'm also holding out hope I can still get a flight in one of the few two-seat Spitfires that offer flights. All are in the UK currently, but one will occasionally come to the US.
Fly-a-Spitfire_WM-680x425.jpg