That department.....

I have often joked here that I need to name this place Paranormal Foodies Forum...lol We have a LOT of cooks/chefs here! I do have a food thread here in Realm Three, so feel free to add on any good recipes you guys might have to share! (Is this a side effect of the paranormal? Hunger?)

Paulm AND I WERE TALKING TODAY AND HE MENTIONED IT'S DANGEROUS FOR HIM TO WALK INTO THE FISHING OR TOOL DEPARTMENTS AT WALMART! THE SIREN SONG TO PURCHASE SINGS LOUDLY FOR HIM THERE. LOL

WHAT IS THE MOST DANGEROUS DEPARTMENT TO LET YOU GO ALONE WITH MONEY IN HAND IN ANY STORE? WHAT WOULD YOU BUY?
Tractor Supply!

Sporting goods, Books and magazines and kitchen gadget stores... I have to say though that kindles have made my reading a lot less expensive and dusty.
Same here on Kindle, and I thought that would never happen with me. I love my books, but they make it so easy to do on Kindle. No waiting! Push button and bam...instant book.

I’m with System as my younger self would definitely splurge on video games. The one department which doesn’t call to me is “men’s wear” - I hate shopping for clothes.

Several posters shared here their love of books. I didn’t learn to enjoy novels until I was about 35 years old as I was burnt out on studying text books and neither of my parents read “books”. I only ever saw them with newspapers, magazines, or the occasional Readers Digest. Seems I picked up on their preferences for very short reads and focused on magazines for most of my 20s and 30s.

I found myself “breathing my own air” by reading the same few magazines every month over several years. So to grow I made a choice to do the following for one full year...each month I’d only buy magazines I had never read before. I’d go to a bookstore with a huge magazine section like Barnes and Noble and choose three to five magazines from one section - like “Women’s Interests” or “Hobbies” or “Entertainment”. I learned a lot and became comfortable talking more deeply about a broader set of topics with my family and friends. I found two magazines enjoyable enough to subscribe to both of them for five or more years.

I still haunt the magazine section when my GF and I frequent any bookstore.