That department.....

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Paulm AND I WERE TALKING TODAY AND HE MENTIONED IT'S DANGEROUS FOR HIM TO WALK INTO THE FISHING OR TOOL DEPARTMENTS AT WALMART! THE SIREN SONG TO PURCHASE SINGS LOUDLY FOR HIM THERE. LOL

WHAT IS THE MOST DANGEROUS DEPARTMENT TO LET YOU GO ALONE WITH MONEY IN HAND IN ANY STORE? WHAT WOULD YOU BUY?

Its a bit lame, but a garden department.I'd fill my small farm(25 acres )up with advanced expensive trees.
Oz, those words, garden dept., used to send fear through my family when I uttered them. lol I could spend hours.....and lots of money! The other dept. for me, and I'm betting you, is anywhere there was a pet department.

Book stores and dollar stores. Especially the camping aisle at the dollar store. We have a container with about 14 of those magnesium firestarters. At the book store I always end up with another book or 12, or another card deck.

Book stores and dollar stores. Especially the camping aisle at the dollar store. We have a container with about 14 of those magnesium firestarters. At the book store I always end up with another book or 12, or another card deck.
Ohhh, book stores. Yup, done some damage there, too! lol

Its a bit lame, but a garden department.I'd fill my small farm(25 acres )up with advanced expensive trees.
not lame at all, I love the garden dept, especially at places like home depot or other home improvement stores.... actually one of the stores Debi and I were talking about is the "feed" stores. love those places, all about gardening and animal welfare.

I actually just bought stuff for my garden a couple of weeks back but haven’t yet had the time to work on it. The gardening section would tie for third place with the BBQ stuff for me when it comes to impulse buys.

I like the outdoors, so the camping section is a big draw. I can spend quite a bit of time looking at hachets, axes and saws. My real weaknesses are knives and flashlights, I literally have dozens of each all over my house and keep at least 1 of each on my person at all times. My family is fully prepared to open packages of any size during a power outage.

I also like cooking, so the kitchen/housewares section also calls to me. About two weeks ago my wife told me we needed a new garlic press. My daughter was in the store getting frustrated because we had been looking at kitchen gadgets for 20 minutes. She said "Dad, we don't need a new melon baller or a mandolin, just a garlic press!" I then spent another 10 minutes comparing the different brands and models of presses.

Of course you can combine outdoors and cooking, which means I also spend a lot of time and money in the section with grills, smokers and cast iron Dutch ovens. My wife doesn't mind this one so much. A trip to the grill section followed by a trip to the butcher means she doesn't need to worry about cooking.