That Day

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
I spent some time with my grandkids yesterday...ages 13 and 17. We talked 9/11. Neither was alive that horrible day. Neither could understand the terror we all lived with as a country that day. So, what I wanted them to know was there were heroes that day and that's the other part of what I shall never forget.

The men and women who went forth to try and protect or save others. The unity we all felt. The need to be sure our families were safe and how we held them a bit closer that day. The patients and staff coming together in the dining room to say a prayer together for those we lost and then breaking out into a spontaneous chorus of God Bless America.

God bless us all with the love and caring we all experienced that day.

Last edited:
I can't believe its been over 20 years, it seems so close in my memory. Strange how some things just stay with you.
There are things i don't remember what i did yesterday lol. I remember almost everything of that day. There were so many emotions that day no wonder it left a permanent mark on us.

I am a Red Dirt Girl. Oklahoma City born and bred. So, to me... 9/11 was especially horrific... because I witnessed the bombing of The Federal Building in downtown Oklahoma City (where many of my fellow citizens worked) in April of 1995. 168 died that day, many of whom were children in a daycare there. While I have never had the chance to visit the site of 9/11 ... I have walked the Reflection Pool and the Wall at the site of the bombing in OKC.

Many people have forgotten that day... but I will never. And in both instances, people came together REGARDLESS of color or sex or economic backgrounds or political views ... and hero's were born.

Will that we might REMEMBER ... Always ... that the hero's of both days ... were the you's and me's. The people that come from far and wide. Rich or Poor. And, regardless of their own safety... UNITE... to help in any and every way they can.