That Blind Date...

One of my sons was set up with a date once that he spent 3 years outrunning...lol The girl kept coming to me going "make him take me back!" She even showed up at my work. Giant nightmare!
I feel for you both and the poor love-starved girl. I know the anxiety of unrequited stalking! :cool:

Reactions: Duke and Debi
haha....these are great. ive only had one blind date that went bad, but it was nothing compared to you guys experiances...lol... so I have no blind date stories worthy of telling.

Ok but I warned you lol.Years ago,before Tinder and such I started talking to a girl on a phone chat line.It went on for weeks so we decided to meet.She lived a fair distance so she was coming to stay for the weekend.I'm not a shallow Hal type and she sounded nice and very sultry,we described ourselves and she stated she is not quite as pretty as Elle Macpherson but similar,I was over the moon.I picked her up from a bus in town,when it arrived a girl got off,fairly plain but ok,I went to greet her but she walked past.Then another person got off,about 4ft, covered in body hair,no teeth ,almost ball shaped and smelling like one of my ferrets.I put her up in the spare room and she chased me around all weekend trying to have her way with me :eek: .When I dropped her off on Monday to the bus it had already left so I chased it in my tiny Suzuki 4wd for an hour till it stopped and I unloaded my strange cargo.Please don't judge me badly,it was the most horrifying weekend and also the funniest when I look back.Needless to add I never went on another blind dating service.:oops:
This made my night , thanks for telling this one.

Reactions: ozentity
I wish I had a good story. I have been married so long Id really have to think about it lol.

Reactions: ozentity
My parents were set up by a late mutual friend on a blind date in 1977 and just clicked. They married just a year later and I arrived three years after that. And their marriage wasn't without it's faults but they had the kind of marriage that could be compared - easily compared to that out of a romance novel and were happily married until she died in August 2016. But she tried to set me up several times herself. Even before she passed. But as for myself, I don't have anything to share.

Reactions: Lynne and Debi