That Blind Date...

I acknowledge that reality and place no blame on anyone including (cleally) Oz.

I know that lake you allude to Debi. I have been to that same lake and placed keys under rocks In that lake, placed keys into lead trinket boxes then tossed them into that lake, and even melted down keys then forced the residual metals into dark crevices of that same lake. Hence, I try hard to be the light, bright, ‘’enabling” soul I am today. I can’t escape my past but I don’t have to be my past.
Wands, that lake holds two years of memories that are gone from my mind. It's a good thing. I have no recall, don't want to. There are enough "snippets" left behind for me to know they are best left at the bottom.

Reactions: WitchAndShaman
None of the few blind dates I had were noteworthy, but we arranged one that turned into a disaster. Mrs Duke asked me to find a dinner companion for one of her best friends who was visiting, a nurse who she had worked with a several years earlier out of state. I asked a young AF officer who worked for me at the time, he soon wished he hadn't accepted the offer.

Long story short, she fell head over heels in love with him, and imagined he felt the same way. A few months later she showed up at his apartment uninvited having driven cross country towing a UHaul full of her worldly possessions after having quit her job. My friend was talking to me on the phone in a panic when our doorbell rang. We were the only other people she knew in town.

She eventually got a job here, rented an apartment, and stayed for a couple years before returning home.

No problem, Oz. It's part of life online. I'm still laughing at your story. :p
Now to the other side of the coin...I married my last blind date. ;) 44 years later, here we be.
I think I was still in a funny,horror mood about memory lane.That's the first successful blind date story I've ever heard,the ultimate one really,good for you Debi.

None of the few blind dates I had were noteworthy, but we arranged one that turned into a disaster. Mrs Duke asked me to find a dinner companion for one of her best friends who was visiting, a nurse who she had worked with a several years earlier out of state. I asked a young AF officer who worked for me at the time, he soon wished he hadn't accepted the offer.

Long story short, she fell head over heels in love with him, and imagined he felt the same way. A few months later she showed up at his apartment uninvited after having driven cross country towing a UHaul full of her worldly possessions after having quit her job. My friend was talking to me on the phone in a panic when our doorbell rang. We were the only other people she knew in town.

She eventually got a job here, rented an apartment, and stayed for a couple years before returning home.
Holy sh&t Duke. I think I had dinner with you all :oops:

Long story short, she fell head over heels in love with him, and imagined he felt the same way. A few months later she showed up at his apartment uninvited after having driven cross country towing a UHaul full of her worldly possessions after having quit her job. My friend was talking to me on the phone in a panic when our doorbell rang. We were the only other people she knew in town.

Whoa! That girl made quite a jump!

I think I was still in a funny,horror mood about memory lane.That's the first successful blind date story I've ever heard,the ultimate one really,good for you Debi.
It was done through a "computer" dating service waaaay back before computers were a "thing." lol I think it was two people in a back room comparing notes then call you with who they set you up with as a blind date. I've told this before recently. My name was exactly the same as his ex's.

Reactions: Paulm and ozentity
It was done through a "computer" dating service waaaay back before computers were a "thing." lol I think it was two people in a back room comparing notes then call you with who they set you up with as a blind date. I've told this before recently. My name was exactly the same as his ex's.
That last part sounds familiar. But good story.

Reactions: Debi
I think it is a good idea to find someone compatible, even more so today,as long as they include a picture :laughing:

There was that one fun blind date where my coworker set me up with her niece. Our first date was at a hypnosis dinner show. When the presenter closed the currents and asked the audience to be patient while he hypnotized the onstage participants, his voice put me into a hypnoidal state sitting up with a drink in my hand. I’d been using similar hypnoidal techniques for meditation.

Of course, the same coworker did set up my nephew with her roommate. That relationship turned Glenn Close dark really fast. Oh, and she was my ride share partner too.

Last edited:
Reactions: ozentity and Debi
There was that one fun blind date where my coworker set me up with her niece, Our first date was at a hypnosis dinner show. When the presenter closed the currents and asked the audience to be patient while he hypnotized the onstage participants, his voice put me into a hypnoidal state sitting up with a drink in my hand. I’d been using similar hypnoidal techniques for meditation.

Of course, the same coworker set up my nephew with her roommate. That relationship turned Glenn Close dark really fast. Oh, and she was my ride share partner too.
One of my sons was set up with a date once that he spent 3 years outrunning...lol The girl kept coming to me going "make him take me back!" She even showed up at my work. Giant nightmare!

Reactions: Paulm and ozentity