Thanksgiving flavored chips

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Pringles selling Thanksgiving dinner in a can with latest flavors

pringles-1.jpg

Last year Pringles released a line of Thanksgiving Dinner-flavored chips to the media only, and some people raised a big stink because they wanted to try them too. This year everyone can experience the thrill, because the brand is releasing three of their exclusive Thanksgiving Dinner Pringles flavors — turkey, stuffing, and pumpkin pie — online on November 6.

The Daily Meal was among the lucky few who got to try the limited-edition Thanksgiving dinner flavored Pringles in 2017, and we loved them. The stuffing flavor was a Daily Meal staff favorite last year. The chip tasted “just like the herb-y side dish that we always seem to pile way too high on to our Thanksgiving dinner plates.” Pumpkin pie was also a big hit with our office; one editor called it “sweet and spiced but not overwhelmingly so.” While some of our editors loved the turkey flavor because it tasted exactly like Thanksgiving turkey skin, others weren’t as into its meat-y flavor. Now you’ll be able to try the chips out for yourself and decide.

Although the Thanksgiving chips won’t be arriving in a charming TV dinner tray like last year, they will come in a three-pack of cute tins and will be available for $14.99 through the Kellogg's Store website beginning at 11:59 p.m. on November 6.

oh for all that is holy, NO...... chips should taste like,..well...chips....lol
I cant bite a chip and taste turkey, my brain isn't wired that way.

I was always impressed by the sheer number of flavored chips/crisps there are in the UK. Walker was one brand, another was something like Tato, don't remember any of the others. There were a variety of meat (beef, chicken, pork, lamb) flavors, my favorite was cheese and bacon. Strangest was ketchup flavored.

Last edited:
Reactions: Donna K. and Debi
I was always impressed by the sheer number of flavored chips/crisps there are in the UK. Walker was one brand, another was something like Tato, don't remember any of the others. There were a variety of meat (beef, chicken, pork, lamb) flavors, my favorite was cheese and bacon. Strangest was ketchup flavored.
We'll have to ask TonyM to name some of those for us. One of the few food items they may actually have more of than we do! How interesting!

Reactions: Donna K.
We'll have to ask TonyM to name some of those for us. One of the few food items they may actually have more of than we do! How interesting!

They also had a large selection of flavored Cadbury chocolate bars, lots of bars I never saw in the US or Canada. Their motorways had service areas with what we'd call convenience stores, they'd have racks upon racks of chips and Cadbury bars.

oh for all that is holy, NO...... chips should taste like,..well...chips....lol
I cant bite a chip and taste turkey, my brain isn't wired that way.
I believe there is significant merit to this notion, and I would like to endorse it wholeheartedly.

Walkers is one of the more popular brands here. This week our local shop is displaying Christmas themed crisps - turkey and stuffing and brussels sprouts. Much as I like brussels sprouts I'm not gonna try them. The turkey and stuffing I didn't like at all. On my desk at the moment are a pack of tomato ketchup which is a favourite around here.

The usual suspects regardless of the brand are cheese and onion, roast chicken, salt and vinegar, prawn cocktail, smokey bacon & ready salted. More specialty brands have beef and onion, marmite, worcester sauce and a few other variations.

What you call chips we call crisps and what we call chips you call fries :)

PS I hate Pringles