Thanksgiving....and everything about it

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
So, it's Turkey Day. The usual question of what are you thankful for just isn't enough, although it's part of the topic today. Got any great memories? Do you watch football? What do you like/dislike about the holiday? How does it differ as an adult vs. how you perceived it as a child? Got any traditions in your family? Watch the parade? Got a favorite balloon in the parade?

The thread is open for any and all of your thoughts through Thanksgiving! Do share!

We at MidnightFans.com want to wish you a blessed and happy Thanksgiving! We are SOOO grateful for your support and to have you as part of our forum family!

120915_pc.jpg

I'm not a big holiday person. One memory is the year my grandpa died and my grandma had everyone over, we had to use the garage to fit everybody. We lit a candle for grandpa and listened to grandma telling us how thankful she was for her family.

I do not watch football!

I like the eating part, and hate the clean up.

It differs now as I have to load up a bunch of kids and drive a long time to get to the celebration. When it's not my year with the girls I just stay home.

No parade for me, just like smelling the turkey cooking.

This year I'm thankful for of course my family, but also for some rest time.

Reactions: Grinchesbro
Long ago we had a bunch of relatives at the holidays.. Turns out a whole bunch weren't related. They were folks who worked for my great grandpa in his forge in East Chicago. No place to go. All those Aunts and Uncles wen't. Who cares. I got a God father out of the deal. He stuck my nose into the grindstone. Good Man.
Today, it's just Mom and my Bro. and her psychic friends at a steak house. Debi and Mokey would fit right in!

Long ago we had a bunch of relatives at the holidays.. Turns out a whole bunch weren't related. They were folks who worked for my great grandpa in his forge in East Chicago. No place to go. All those Aunts and Uncles wen't. Who cares. I got a God father out of the deal. He stuck my nose into the grindstone. Good Man.
Today, it's just Mom and my Bro. and her psychic friends at a steak house. Debi and Mokey would fit right in!
Happy Thanksgiving, my Region Rat friend! :D