Tesla's "Dog Mode" for cars

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Pet owners will love Tesla's new feature: 'Dog Mode'

(Newser) – Now that it's achieved farting cars, Tesla is ready to show off new features that are more functional than funny—including one catered to pet owners. "Dog Mode," revealed in a Wednesday software update, ensures a vehicle's air conditioning stays running after the driver exits, and clearly displays the temperature on the screen display so that passers-by know any pets inside are safe. It's almost exactly what a Twitter user requested of CEO Elon Musk in October. Mashable's take: "It's pretty neat, we have to say," though the outlet notes some places have laws against leaving pets unattended in vehicles.

According to Tesla, "if ... your battery reaches less than 20% charge, you will receive a notification on your mobile app." Owners will also receive an alert "notifying them that an incident has occurred" if the vehicle is in the new "Sentry Mode," which Electrek touts as a solution to recent Tesla break-ins. This feature activates a vehicle's external cameras. In case of a minimal threat, like someone leaning on the car, the screen display announces a recording in process. In case of a serious threat, like a broken window, speakers activate at maximum volume. Per CNBC, an electric truck could be next. (Thousands of Tesla employees just lost their jobs.)

Video at link

Its a step in the right direction,a lot of people don't have the grey matter to work these things out themselves.Better to leave dogs at home if its hot.

Reactions: Debi
Its a step in the right direction,a lot of people don't have the grey matter to work these things out themselves.Better to leave dogs at home if its hot.

Leave it all home ! This stuff makes me uneasy.
The oddest thing that I ever wanted to become reality was that damn pill dispenser the Jetsons had. It let you eat your meals in one swallow. Yes, I was quite the dreamer lol

Leave it all home ! This stuff makes me uneasy.
The oddest thing that I ever wanted to become reality was that damn pill dispenser the Jetsons had. It let you eat your meals in one swallow. Yes, I was quite the dreamer lol
Did the pills come in pork crackling flavour?

Reactions: Mokey
Did the pills come in pork crackling flavour?
I would imagine that could have been a request. I don't often stop and taste a pill, I just was intrigued with all the time saved while also remaining healthy in the nutrition department! I was around 7 when that thought clicked. My thoughts back then, I never gave mind to if they were just as normal for any other 7 year old. Thankfully I was also obsessed with barbies and playing outside. A rounded out gal i say.

Reactions: ozentity