Terrifying Dream

I believe watching ghost shows can open the door. I used to like to watch some ghost stories, but stopped watching one series think was called A Haunting because every episode was about demons and I started picking up bad vibes from it.
Gotta listen to those inner feelings

Reactions: Spook300
Ok, so much to tell you. What you experienced is sleep paralysis. I have done this several times and it seems to have no triggering cause that I have ever been able to figure out. The symptoms are always the same though. In my case, I am having a bad dream and then suddenly "wake up". There is something in the room with me. Usually, all that I can see are the eyes and I just know that it is going to take me. I am frozen and the only part of my body that I can move is my eyes. I can't even turn my head or make a sound. I can't even take a deep breath to try and scream! The eyes are huge and totally inhuman. This usually finally ends and I gasp and slowly my body begins to respond to me and my mind clears. I lurch for the light and then finally the fear begins to fade but really doesn't leave me until I get up and totally wake up both my body and my mind.

The fear that you feel is primordial and is based on the ancient reflexes of our primitive ancestors. This is the instinct that you will often see in small animals. I walked up on a little fawn one day. I did this by not looking directly at him. He was nested in the grass and was totally focussed on my eyes. As long as I didn't look at him he thought I had not spotted him. I walked until one more step and I would have stepped on him. I then looked down at him and he was off. He was so little that he lost his footing a couple of times before he got into the edge of the woods where his Mama was waiting. When he tried to stop his hind legs came off of the ground and I thought he was going down again. Animals faced with a predator focus on the eyes and freeze totally. Deep inside you still "remember" that and it shows up in sleep paralysis a lot of the time. You usually don't see a face, just the eyes.

Depression is generally a chemical problem, especially in Bipolar problems. If you can find the right drugs and it can be pretty much handled. I know this because I am bipolar. Most of my young years I didn't get to enjoy any of the manic parts and was just miserably depressed. It took a long time and I lost heart several times and just quit taking the drugs and tried to tough it out but finally, they found my special mix. The drugs for this sort of thing are not narcotics, they are more like special vitamins for someone with a deficiency. They don't make me sleepy and they don't blur my ability to think. They just balance my brain chemistry and allow me to live without the exhausting weight of depression riding my back.

There is definitely seems to be a connection between paranormal abilities and depression. I have often wondered if it may be that we pick up on the negativity of things unseen. Don't lose heart and never give up.

As Debi said, you are not alone and here you will always find people that understand.

PS: I like the Ghost TV shows and watch them all the time. I can't see how they can attract Ghosts, they are being broadcasted to hundreds of thousands. maybe millions of places. Sometimes things that you watch become a part of a nightmare but I personally think that the nightmare was inevitable and if it wasn't something that you watched it would have been something else.

I had a terrible nightmare one time that was based on that scene in Starwars when they were in the trash bin and compactor on the Death Star. The snake thing that was in there with them got me!!! I woke up and the nightmare seemed to be real I was being held down and couldn't get up! My wife turned on the light and being the sweet wife that she is she busted out laughing at me. I had rolled out of bed and crawled through the legs and rungs of a chair and was traped. I thought for a little while that we were going to have to cut the legs off that chair I was STUCK! Finally, when she quit laughing my wife helped me and I managed to get free. I didn't blame the nightmare on Star Wars. It was just my time to have a nightmare.

Maybe if the show you watched scare the bejaggers out of you that would be different. I will admit that I never watch the modern blood fest horror movies. I like to go to cemeteries and haunted places at night too much to put those pictures in my mind. I'm a wimp when it comes to movies like Nightmare on Elm Street. it was embarrassing when I tried to watch it. A friend and I were watching it on HBO late one night. My wife came up front and laughed her butt off. (She seems to laugh at me a lot!) We were both hiding behind magazines so we couldn't see what was going on and only occasionally peaked around them when the screaming stopped. She laughed and we just turned it OFF and I have never seen the end...or heard it either.

Last edited:
Spook, hello Canada.
I was thinking about a good friend from high school. Over and over. And over again. So much so that I looked him up on Facebook.
Then I knew why.
My brother played golf with his sisters (Kim) husband.
Kimmy just lost her son in a tragic car accident.
Is not a good time to strike up an old friendship, but ya gotta do it.
Spook, find the courage. That healing lays right under pain. Whatever it is worth, you have a friend in Chicago that is rooting for you.

I do want to take just a moment to clarify something important. We are not here to provide medical recommendations or any kind of medicines for any situation. That's for a patient and doctor to decide. However, we ARE here to give love and support to anyone who comes looking for a lift! :)

Spook, hello Canada.
I was thinking about a good friend from high school. Over and over. And over again. So much so that I looked him up on Facebook.
Then I knew why.
My brother played golf with his sisters (Kim) husband.
Kimmy just lost her son in a tragic car accident.
Is not a good time to strike up an old friendship, but ya gotta do it.
Spook, find the courage. That healing lays right under pain. Whatever it is worth, you have a friend in Chicago that is rooting for you.
Thank you Paintman so much. Thank you all. It certainly feels good to know that I have a shoulder to lean on if I need it. You all are great and I look forward to sharing more of my experiences with you. And Debi, I know this is not a site for medical advice, lol, but sometimes all I need is someone to talk to. Thank you all again from the bottom of my heart.

Reactions: Lynne
Thank you Paintman so much. Thank you all. It certainly feels good to know that I have a shoulder to lean on if I need it. You all are great and I look forward to sharing more of my experiences with you. And Debi, I know this is not a site for medical advice, lol, but sometimes all I need is someone to talk to. Thank you all again from the bottom of my heart.
Anytime, my friend. We are here for ya!