Tell me something....

Some of you who have been here awhile will know parts of this. I was a four year letterman in high school and one year in college in gymnastics. My college closed the gymnastics program after my freshman year. I went to the highschool state finals in the floor exercise ( think tumbling - forward and back flips). I didn't finish in the top three, but qualifying was very satisfying.

When I was in 7th and eighth grades my asthma was so bad, I often had to be excused from Gym class. Despite that I walked to school 1.8 miles each way each day to school. I believe that this helped put my body in shape for my gymnastics career. I could never run for any distance ( still can't) but the sport of gymnastics was perfect for my body type. I had no bodybuilder physique but my short muscular body fit the apparatus. My senior year, I performed on all six events.
Wow that is amazing Critter. !!!

Paul breaks out in disco and we're gonna have to talk.....;)
Disco.....never.....lol...… but I do have kinda, sorta, a cool dance story from the mid 80's....(just not Disco)

Reactions: Paintman
Welll.....waiting to hear this.....:)
back story...in my younger years I was kinda heavy in the martial arts.... tournaments, teaching (later on), etc. and wrestled all the way through high school. so after I finished high school I spent the next 2 years with a team/camp on the southeast and Mid-west circuit in forms competitions and fighting.... in 86, after a tournament in north carolina, we were approached by an older lady and gentleman who said they would like to speak with the 5 of us about possible temporary employment. we met with them and they explained to us that they were a dance company and were sending a few of their instructors and top students for a movie shoot and needed instructors to fill in and possibly even help some of them in strict form work.... we were told that our form work and intensity was exactly what was needed and just learning the moves would be easy......the tournament season was winding down, so I and a couple of others spent the next three months teaching ball room dancing to ppl, ……..just one of many strange jobs/experience's of my youth....lol

back story...in my younger years I was kinda heavy in the martial arts.... tournaments, teaching (later on), etc. and wrestled all the way through high school. so after I finished high school I spent the next 2 years with a team/camp on the southeast and Mid-west circuit in forms competitions and fighting.... in 86, after a tournament in north carolina, we were approached by an older lady and gentleman who said they would like to speak with the 5 of us about possible temporary employment. we met with them and they explained to us that they were a dance company and were sending a few of their instructors and top students for a movie shoot and needed instructors to fill in and possibly even help some of them in strict form work.... we were told that our form work and intensity was exactly what was needed and just learning the moves would be easy......the tournament season was winding down, so I and a couple of others spent the next three months teaching ball room dancing to ppl, ……..just one of many strange jobs/experience's of my youth....lol
OMG....I never thought how the two "forms" could translate. What a strange but fascinating way to spend some time! lol Bet you can do a great fox trot!

I've seen things much stranger than anything I've mentioned here so far.
It took me about two years before I was willing to share the craziest stuff here. I had to put just one toe into the water at a time.

Hope you get your whole foot wet too Cruz.

Reactions: crux and Debi