Tell me about...

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
TELL ME ABOUT YOUR GRANDFATHER(S). AS SOON AS I STOP CHOKING UP WITH MEMORIES, I'LL SHARE A FEW MYSELF.

My grandpa used to grow a huge strawberry patch. We spent many summer days picking berries. Whenever I eat berries I think of him. He was very fussy about who could pick but he let me tromp around there without a comment

I never got to meet either of my grandads. My dad's father passed away when he was 3 and my mom's dad died when I was 1. But apparently I'm very much like my grandad. The way I drive, I've always got some wise-guy comments to pass at the most inopportune moments, and I have a bit of his facial features. I know absolutely nothing regarding my dad's dad other than he existed.

My grandfather and I were incredibly similar. He was a writer, an artist, a carpenter, and an actor/storyteller. I'm all of those things too. He used to tell fantastical stories when we visited him, especially ghost stories. I was interested in the paranormal even way back then. We'd also build things and paint together. Before he died, we were co-writing a detective story. I was ten-years-old when he got cancer and passed on. Still miss him a ton. I actually think that he visited me once. I could hear his voice and feel a presence one night while I was praying. I had been asking for guidance and comfort at the time. I still miss him a ton

Good one BFbeleiver.
Welcome aboard.
My dad's dad was a bookkeeper for the National Park Service. He would travel from park to park, Paradise to Paradise, and audit their books. He would stay in a cabin for about a month. He fished, painted landscapes, became a pretty good photographer, and breathed fresh air. :)
My mom's dad lived pretty big. He owned race horses, was pals with Ralph Capone, and had a all-around colorful life. :cool:

My grandma passed serveral years ago but she vistied me on the Astral Planes on about 5-6 times since her passing.
So when my grandpa passed last year i was hoping I would get one last visit......and I did.
Grandma and Grandpa showed up the night I went to stay with my parents for the weekend (they live on the coast, i live in the city). I had an intense Astral Plane visit follwed by me physically feeling my grandpa "tuck me into bed". I felt his hands tucking in the blakets around me just like he did when I was a kid.
One of the most amazing experiences in my life. Beautiful!

My grandma passed serveral years ago but she vistied me on the Astral Planes on about 5-6 times since her passing.
So when my grandpa passed last year i was hoping I would get one last visit......and I did.
Grandma and Grandpa showed up the night I went to stay with my parents for the weekend (they live on the coast, i live in the city). I had an intense Astral Plane visit follwed by me physically feeling my grandpa "tuck me into bed". I felt his hands tucking in the blakets around me just like he did when I was a kid.
One of the most amazing experiences in my life. Beautiful!
That had to be so faith affirming that life continues! That is wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: Aces and Paintman