"Telepathic" soldiers

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

This is misleading. This is actually a brain/computer connection. Transhuman soldiers would be a better description, IMO.

I have heard Buchanan talk about the eary program that was in 72 and used Vietnam soldiers . BTW the best point men in Nam were Native Americans and boys that grew up in either the bad parts of town or were hunters. Also snipers are often blue green color blind to a degree. I can still see a trail in the woods no one else senses. I also think lifetimes in the past have an effect on survival and military adeptiveness. Is that a word or did I make it up?

Well I know that there are implantable devices that relay vital signs back to monitoring equipment to show heart rate etc. This was very useful for astronauts and divers, but also from a military perspective it would be good to identify if your troops are still alive, and be able to identify them via satellite. It is only a short step to combine implantable devices with microphones that can relay information directly.
The only downside is that these people are never likely to draw a pension - which unfortunately is the most cost effective use of people.
We are seeing this in the UK military where less and less are serving long enough to draw a pension, or are let go a year or so before retirement. The combination of food, drugs, military hardware and chemical agent training may lead to a shortened life expectancy which, ultimately, saves on government spending.
Like most tools these days, they may be smarter but they are not made to last, and you just have to replace them more often.

Well I know that there are implantable devices that relay vital signs back to monitoring equipment to show heart rate etc. This was very useful for astronauts and divers, but also from a military perspective it would be good to identify if your troops are still alive, and be able to identify them via satellite. It is only a short step to combine implantable devices with microphones that can relay information directly.
The only downside is that these people are never likely to draw a pension - which unfortunately is the most cost effective use of people.
We are seeing this in the UK military where less and less are serving long enough to draw a pension, or are let go a year or so before retirement. The combination of food, drugs, military hardware and chemical agent training may lead to a shortened life expectancy which, ultimately, saves on government spending.
Like most tools these days, they may be smarter but they are not made to last, and you just have to replace them more often.
It makes me very depressed to realize how much our govs appreciate the sacrifices of their soldiers both male and female. Its all about money at this point. Making money is number one cause for wars. That and resources IMO

A lot of ideas are put into research and developement but rarely come out to be used, this would be something more for spec war usage, who now already have earbuds and mics for comms. But even then you only have to be quiet until the firing starts....lol