Telekinesis?

RoseRed

Truth Seeker
Reaction score
A couple of you will have read this before in a prior thread, tucked away somewhere else. I thought it might be good to give it an airing here and see what ppl think!

I don't think I'm a SLider but I did once have a strange experience with a VHS device.

I was around 20 years old and was watching the film The Serpent And The Rainbow with my parents. We had been watching it for ages and I needed to go to the bathroom. I asked Dad if he would stop/pause the tape (yes TAPE, I'm that old!) while I did so. He said, "There's only about 10 minutes left - can't you just hang on?"

At that very moment, the tape/film stopped. Naturally, I assumed that Dad had done it, but he looked as surprised as Mum and I did when we all realised that the remote control was sitting in the middle of the coffee table about 3 feet away from him. He said afterwards that he'd even thought for a second, that I had done it before he saw where the remote was.

None of us had an explanation for that one and I have wondered about it ever since. Was my need to use the bathroom so great that I telepathically stopped the tape? :oops:

As a SLider my entire life, I have to tell you that ANYTHING is possible. I have blown out lightbulbs, blown up computers, shorted out appliances, and set off automated towel dispensers in a doctor's office from a distance. My family is very used to this and will even remind me to "shield". Normally it's, "Mom, reduce power!" lol

As an occasional telekinesis-ist, I can tell you that urgent, acute need does seem to trigger paranormal responses.

I know there are times RoseRed when I feel that urination is critical...like gotta go right now! If someone or something stood in my way of getting to the toilet, I feel pretty confident I could tele-freakin-kinesis that obstacle into another dimension. Stopping a video tape - easy by comparison.

RedRose, here is a link to a PNF thread where I described some of my own acute telekinetic events...

RedRose, here is a link to a PNF thread where I described some of my own acute telekinetic events...

Blimey WandS! Those are amazing stories. How funny that we both needed the bathroom for it to work! :D

Blimey WandS! Those are amazing stories. How funny that we both needed the bathroom for it to work! :D
Yes RR, I’ve become known on the PNF as the guy who will pee when he encounters the paranormal. However, there is that one time when the paranormal manifested when I had to pee.

We need Duke here to help determine actual correlation or causation.

• Haha
Reactions: RoseRed
I agree with all the above. It’s totally possible. I must say though that those old tape players were a touchy design. I can remember many issues with them. It’s also possible it was just a glitch in the machine. Have you had any other experiences that were similar ?

Reactions: RoseRed and Paulm
I agree with all the above. It’s totally possible. I must say though that those old tape players were a touchy design. I can remember many issues with them. It’s also possible it was just a glitch in the machine. Have you had any other experiences that were similar ?
There is always that possibility, absolutely! Although we often watched video tapes on it (the whole 12 episodes of Fawlty Towers being a particular favourite in our house!) and it never played up...

Yes, I once walked under a lamp post and the light went out. But, as it's only ever happened once, I have always put that down to coincidence.

Reactions: garnetsilver
There is always that possibility, absolutely! Although we often watched video tapes on it (the whole 12 episodes of Fawlty Towers being a particular favourite in our house!) and it never played up...

Yes, I once walked under a lamp post and the light went out. But, as it's only ever happened once, I have always put that down to coincidence.
Sounds like you may have some abilities. Perhaps you should try intentionally trying to move your energy. Perhaps try turning on or off a light. Let us know what happens.

Reactions: RoseRed