Tech Tattoos

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Seen At 11: Company Developing 'Tech Tattoos' So People Can Track Their Medical, Financial Info

Could we soon be carrying all of our medical and financial information on a tattoo?

Software company Chaotic Moon has developed a “tech tattoo” that gets embedded into a person’s arm and can track a person’s financial and medical information.

Eric Schneider, the company’s hardware creative technologist, explained the tattoo can monitor if a person is about to get sick.

“Rather than going to the doctor once a year for your physical, this tech tattoo can be something you put on your body once a year and it monitors everything that they would do in a physical and it sends that to your doctor, and if there’s an issue they can call you,” Schneider said. “So the tech tattoos can really tie in everything into one package. It can look at early signs of fever, your vital signs, heart rate, everything it needs to look at to notify you that you’re getting sick or your child is getting sick.”

The tattoo will transmit this information wirelessly to a mobile app or computer being monitored by their health professionals.

Schneider also said that people would be able to carry their financial information through this tattoo.

Ummm, no. Just no.

This reads like a car's onboard diagnostic (OBD). I will pass on the insertion/tattoo, thank-you.

Being able to keep tabs on one's serum glucose and insulin levels without needing a fingerstick seems pretty useful to me. Same with, let us say, one's creatine kinease levels...

Reactions: JoMama
Being able to keep tabs on one's serum glucose and insulin levels without needing a fingerstick seems pretty useful to me. Same with, let us say, one's creatine kinease levels...
As one who has a young one with Type 1 Diabetes, I think we are still doing well with dexcom meters and insulin pumps until someone comes up with a way to create a new pancreas. I'd prefer to put the money into that, thanks. But since an artificial pancreas won't allow for government dual usage, I'm sure the tech tattoo will receive the better research funding.

Reactions: Mokey
Those who have complained of having a chip in their head or body...are visionaries now?