Tazmanian tiger photo?

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuY29hc3R0b2NvYXN0YW0uY29tL2NpbWFnZXMvdmFyL2V6d2ViaW5fc2l0ZS9zdG9yYWdlL2ltYWdlcy9jb2FzdC10by1jb2FzdC9yZXBvc2l0b3J5L3RodW1ibmFpbHMvdGh5bGFjaW5lLTIwMTkvMTA4NDc2OS0xLWVuZy1VUy9UaHlsYWNpbmUtMjAxOS5qcGc=

An Australian man suspects that he may have encountered and photographed the infamous Tasmanian Tiger. Known scientifically as a thylacine, the canine-like creature was declared extinct decades ago, but, like a ghost, has lingered in the minds of many Australians who believe that the animal may not have actually died out and could still exist to this day. Although such a hypothesis has largely been dismissed by scientists, photos and videos of potential Tasmanian Tiger sightings have kept the theory alive for all these years.

The latest piece of evidence to emerge comes courtesy of a man named Peter Groves, who was reportedly walking along a trail in the coastal town of Clifton Springs when he noticed an odd animal off in the distance. According to him, the creature did not appear to be perturbed by his presence and the two watched each other for about five minutes before the animal exited the area. Fortunately, Groves had the wherewithal to pull out his cell phone and take a picture of the mysterious beast.

Although he admits that the image is somewhat blurry, Groves notes that it does show a number of interesting features possessed by the animal, including what appears to be the trademark stiff tail of the thylacine. Conceding that "it could just be a mangy fox," he expressed some doubt as to this explanation because the animal looked to be bigger than one might expect such a creature to be. Intriguingly, Graves says that this was his second run-in with the creature as he had also spotted it a few weeks earlier, so perhaps he'll get the chance to see it again sometime soon.

I got really excited when I saw the pic but after a closer look with my glasses on and comparing to old thylacine pics I'm afraid its a mangy fox.It has a fox face and head and the tail and spine is fox.The hair is balding on the legs and lack of body stripes.I really want the thylacine to exist but I highly doubt there is a viable population.Tasmania is an area with a lot of unexplored wilderness so I'll probably never give up hope.

Reactions: Debi
I got really excited when I saw the pic but after a closer look with my glasses on and comparing to old thylacine pics I'm afraid its a mangy fox.It has a fox face and head and the tail and spine is fox.The hair is balding on the legs and lack of body stripes.I really want the thylacine to exist but I highly doubt there is a viable population.Tasmania is an area with a lot of unexplored wilderness so I'll probably never give up hope.
I'll keep watching for new pics on it, Oz. Fingers crossed!

Reactions: ozentity
I'll keep watching for new pics on it, Oz. Fingers crossed!
When I first saw the pic the animal looked to have the thick brow and smaller ears of the thylacine.They were denying any foxes lived in Tassie until recently.Almost certainly brought over there by hunters to hunt as they were in oz ages ago.I think the Tassie devils keep them in check although their in trouble with disease.You wonder about the thinking of some people taking predators into a pristine eco system.

The tail does not look like a fox.

The tail does not look like a fox.
When you look closely it doesn't connect to the body like a thylacine and is lacking hair due to mange I believe.