Taste bud change of heart....

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
WHEN I WAS LITTLE, BRUSSEL SPROUTS WERE THE WORST THING I COULD IMAGINE ON MY PLATE. TODAY, LOVE 'EM. SECOND WORSE WAS COOKED CARROTS.....TODAY, LOVE 'EM.

WHAT FOODS DID YOU HATE IN CHILDHOOD BUT NOW LIKE? OR, VICE VERSA! USED TO LOVE AND NOW CAN'T STAND?

(Thanks to Duke for the topic!)

For me, there were many foods that I disliked and now can eat, including tomatoes, sweet potato, salad in general, cream cheese. I won't say I love tomatoes, but I can eat them. I ate olives as a toddler, can't stand them today. I still do not like cooked cabbage, kale, dill pickles, brussel sprouts, some squash. I will eat many veggies raw like carrots, kale, cabbage, but not cooked.

I couldn't stand Brussels sprouts, but when I learned to lightly steam them and then toss with salt, pepper and butter, I learned to love them! Same with pork chops; my Dad used to over cook them into leather, but Jim bakes them in the oven until they are medium rare and very tender. I still hate mint jelly, though; tastes like toothpaste, lol.

Uncooked tomato, I just didn’t like them when I was young. Now I do.

I’ve gone through phases where I liked certain things, then when I couldn’t stand it and then when I liked them again. This has happened with coffee and French vanilla.

Peas and Lima beans. I picked them out of everything. I now like peas. Lima beans although not a bean I’d buy, I won’t bother to pick them out.

Reactions: ozentity
Another vote for tomatoes. I would not eat them when I was young, but now I like them. I'm especially partial to yellow tomatoes. Also yogurt, asparagus, and cantaloupe.

Vice versa? For starters, most breakfast cereals. Also Ritz crackers, apparently I loved them as a youngster. As a young adult I drank beer, now I'm not a fan.

Reactions: ozentity
I've noticed as I've got older I eat more veg and less meat.

Reactions: Paintman
I've noticed as I've got older I eat more veg and less meat.
I agree. I feel the same. I must admit as I’ve become more conscious of what it is I’m actually eating when it’s meat it bothers me. I find that I am eating it less.