Tasmanian Tiger colorized footage

Discussion in 'Cryptids and Creatures' started by Debi, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Debi

Debi
    Expand Collapse
    Owner/Admin
    Staff

A remarkable video circulating online offers a rather unique perspective on the legendary Tasmanian Tiger by way of newly colorized footage of the last known creature of its kind. The fantastic piece of work was reportedly produced by a Reddit user who uploaded it to the site earlier this week. The scene seen in the video comes from a 1933 piece of footage filmed by biologist David Fleay, who was studying Benjamin, the only remaining Tasmanian Tiger in captivity.

In the almost eerie video, viewers are able to see, for the first time in color, the vividly striped creature strutting around his enclosure, lounging on the ground, and gnawing at a bone. The enhanced footage provides perhaps the best glimpse of the famed Tasmanian Tiger as it existed before Benjamin died three years later and his entire species was declared extinct in the 1980s after fifty years had passed without anyone seeing much less capturing a thylacine.

Of course, not everyone is convinced that the creature truly did go extinct and there is a fairly healthy community of researchers in Australia who have diligently worked to document possible sightings of the thylacine over the years. Alas, despite numerous videos and photos possibly showing the creature in modern times, definitive proof for the hypothesis has yet to be obtained. As such, the theory that the Tasmanian Tiger still roams parts of Australia is largely considered an impossibility by mainstream scientists.

ozentity likes this.
  2. ozentity

ozentity
    Expand Collapse
    Truth Seeker

Its hard to believe the total disregard for Australia's wildlife back then,even exterminating a race of people in Tasmania.The attitude hasn't changed amongst the locals around here,a roo is a rare sight and now with the drought the Gov has given carte blanche to kill every roo on sight without tags,not like they worried any time.It's a national disgrace.

3. Debi

Debi
    Expand Collapse
    Owner/Admin
    Staff

That is just so sad, Oz. I'm so sorry to hear that.

ozentity likes this.
  4. ozentity

ozentity
    Expand Collapse
    Truth Seeker

It's a good idea colouring that film,it gives more latent reality to the animals extinction.I always believed they should farm wild kangaroo's instead of sheep to help the environment and the roo population,harvest them,supply food and water and leave them in a wild state.All my kids grew up eating roo and love it.If we can care and show respect for our animals we could all live in a more sustainable way and still eat.Instead, all people live for is lining their pockets.

Debi likes this.
  5. Lynne

Lynne
    Expand Collapse
    Art Bell fan
    Tier-1 Mod

I agree. That is terrible about the kangaroos. I haven’t given up that there are still thylacines out there somewhere. There has been some compelling reports.

ozentity likes this.
  6. ozentity

ozentity
    Expand Collapse
    Truth Seeker

Yeah,when you get into the remote bushland here,even close to Sydney,nothing can be ruled out.A couple of nights ago here my dogs were going off and there was a strange growl,bark from the surrounding bush.I've never heard this sound and I've spent a lot of my life in wilderness areas.

Lynne likes this.