Talking about things weird.....

titch2k6

Truth Seeker
Reaction score
So, I have just finished two days of paranormal conferences that we held in Nottingham for local groups and the public. A really interesting time where we may actually have converted a few sceptics :tearsofjoy: Not that it was our intention.....

Anyway, coming back home and hitting Quora, I had a really interesting question put forward that was similar to another asked during the conference, and the person requested an answer from me. Having submitted my response, I thought it would make an interesting post to discuss in the forums, so here we are........

So, the question was simple - can there be a possible scientific explanation for the hauntings of the Annabelle doll?

After careful consideration, this was my response:

Yes, there could be a scientific explanation - but nobody will admit to it and unfortunately, there is no way to prove it through the scientific method, and as such, it is deemed by scientists, and people in general, that it cannot possibly be a viable explanation (because as a species, we still think inside the box and just cannot accept the possibility of a 'bigger picture').

So, what do we actually know from a proven, scientific point of view?

Energy is defined as the capacity to perform work. According to the 1st Law of Thermodynamics, which encompasses Conservation of Energy, the total amount of energy in the Universe is constant, incapable of being created or destroyed, and can only change from one form to another or transfer between matter.

Common forms of energy include solid mass or non-solid mass matter such as heat, light, electric, sound, gravitational, potential (or stored energy) and kinetic (energy of motion). Quantum physics states that mass and energy are interchangeable, and consequently that mass is merely a manifestation of energy. This means that everything, including humans, is simply energy stored in mass particle form. This is the same for an object such as porcelain, fabric or plastic dolls.

According to scientific theories associated with the Universal energy field, all matter and psychological processes like thoughts, emotions, beliefs, and attitudes are all composed of energy. When this is applied to the human body, every atom, molecule, cell, tissue and body system is composed of energy that, when superimposed onto each other, create what is known as the human energy field.

So, what happens to all of this energy when our physical bodies die?

Science
tells us that we cannot destroy it, but it can change form or transfer between matter. Science tells us that psychological processes like thoughts and emotions are also composed of energy.

Is it not plausible that the energies of a deceased person can transfer to an inanimate object such as the Annabelle doll? After all, we are only following scientific statements in relation to energy and matter. And if that person was ‘not very nice’ when living, and their thoughts and emotions followed on with them, you could potentially have the setting for a very nasty haunting.

As I said at the beginning, we are a species that find it very difficult to think outside of the box. We generally believe in scientific data presented to us as factual, but when we try to apply that scientific data to the unexplainable, or paranormal, people find it impossible to believe - yet it is exactly the same scientific data, just applied to a different application.

The simple, unfortunate truth of it is, we cannot prove any of it from a paranormal view. And if it cannot be proven scientifically utilising the scientific method, then for many people out there, it just simply cannot exist or be true.

Do you agree or disagree with what I have stated? What are your views - do you have any other theories? Did anyone visit the Annabelle doll over at the Warren's Occult Museum in Monroe before it closed? What kind of vibe did you get off her if you did?

Feel free to share your thoughts. This is part of learning about the paranormal and developing within the field - taking the time to share views and throwing around theories and opinions.

Titch you have put into words what I have heard quantum physicists say in such high science terms it left my head hurting. I finally get it. Yes! I totally agree. This would also give proof to a eternal God who’s energy holds everything tog. You have put this in terms that my mind could grasp. Thank you. Have you ever thought of teaching ?

I agree with you, Titch. That is my own belief system.

I would also broaden this out a bit to include how this can impact our group consciousness and what we are manifesting in this world right now. When we all have these thoughts,, which are energy, joining together, our world can "become" what we make it. So much angry energy out there right now and what we see is chaotic energy on a world basis.

I'd like to hear your input on this.

Titch you have put into words what I have heard quantum physicists say in such high science terms it left my head hurting. I finally get it. Yes! I totally agree. This would also give proof to a eternal God who’s energy holds everything tog. You have put this in terms that my mind could grasp. Thank you. Have you ever thought of teaching ?

LOL - many years ago I use to run a company called BizzBait with my good friend Andy. We use to do Corporate training courses ;)

Now at 50, and in 'questionable' physical health, I do not think that teaching will be something I go into now anytime soon.....

I agree with you, Titch. That is my own belief system.

I would also broaden this out a bit to include how this can impact our group consciousness and what we are manifesting in this world right now. When we all have these thoughts,, which are energy, joining together, our world can "become" what we make it. So much angry energy out there right now and what we see is chaotic energy on a world basis.

I'd like to hear your input on this.

I totally agree with you.

There is a proven scientific relationship between energy and matter. I honestly believe this can be a potential explaination behind reported manifestations such as the Mothman, Slender Man and The Rake. Unless these are from some other dimension or alternate Universe, as some theorise, there is no other logical explanation for their existence other than group consciousness manifesting them.

I also believe that energy and matter have a relationship in the realms of magik, spiritualism and ESP.

I totally agree with you.

There is a proven scientific relationship between energy and matter. I honestly believe this can be a potential explaination behind reported manifestations such as the Mothman, Slender Man and The Rake. Unless these are from some other dimension or alternate Universe, as some theorise, there is no other logical explanation for their existence other than group consciousness manifesting them.

I also believe that energy and matter have a relationship in the realms of magik, spiritualism and ESP.
We are of the same mindset. Thanks for adding in. And I have to say, your explanation was excellent, as Lynne said. Thank you for taking the time and making the effort to share this.

And if that person was ‘not very nice’ when living, and their thoughts and emotions followed on with them, you could potentially have the setting for a very nasty haunting.
Do you agree or disagree with what I have stated?
I agree with everything except this part. I don't believe anyone's soul is bad or evil, just they have a badly wired brain and when they die the evil thoughts die too. I think negative hauntings are from non human entities but they may have had a part in influencing the not very nice person when alive.

Last edited:
I agree with everything except this part. I don't believe anyone's soul is bad or evil, just they have a badly wired brain and when they die the evil thoughts die too. I think negative hauntings are from non human entities but they may have had a part in influencing the not very nice person when alive.
Perhaps the ones that do not cross over are the ones he’s talking about. The ones that go into the light probably see things differently. The earthbound ones, (if indeed this can happen, we really don’t know) could carry on their old personalities.

Perhaps the ones that do not cross over are the ones he’s talking about. The ones that go into the light probably see things differently. The earthbound ones, (if indeed this can happen, we really don’t know) could carry on their old personalities.
I may be wrong but I just don't think a soul is anything but love, even the worst of mankind has at least some good about them. As you say we really don't know much about any of this, I suppose it comes down to what you believe. Maybe as been said the evil is left here as I don't think it has a place where we go at the end. I believe ghosts are not souls.