Talking about protective shields

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
I've been asked to create a thread about shields. I often talk about "shields up!" around here, and often forget some of you don't know how to build them or even what they truly are. I'm going to start this thread very simple for that reason.

Everything is energy. It's now been proven with science that our minds and INTENTIONS play a huge part in creating and influencing the world around us. I've posted the science on this several times before.

Keeping that in mind, let's say you walk into a room with several people. Most of the people are sending out good energy...the positive stuff...when you walk in. But you suddenly feel uneasy and can feel something negative. Someone in that room is sending that energy out. That is the negative energy that you wish to block from affecting you.

Likewise, when you have entities that may be wishing to make contact, those negative ones send their energy out and try to latch on. Once again, you want to "block" that energy.

Shields are "walls" or blockades. You may have heard about the "white light" of protection that is from God/Source. This is what I would recommend you "see" around you. I'll explain the "how" in a moment here.
It's as much about your intentions of blocking that energy as it is about how you do it. In putting up shields, you are letting the universe/energy know that you will not accept that energy to influence you or touch you.

There are many ways, some advanced, to put up shields. If you ever feel unable, too tired, or too overwhelmed to put up your own, ask St. Michael the Archangel for protection. However, it's best for you to know how to move this energy around you, and it's so very, very simple to do, honestly. Just takes a bit of practice! After some working with it, it will become a natural habit.

Remember, your INTENTION moves energy. Clear your mind, either in a meditative state or simply by sitting quietly and thinking of love surrounding you. Feel the goodness that brings to your heart and soul.

Now, in your mind, see the image of white light. Many people visualize this as a white, shining ball that surrounds them. Breathe deeply and see that white light surrounding you as you walk through your day. See it as the barrier to all negativity that may be aimed your way. See this light staying with you and shining outward with love. If you believe in God, see this as God's energy that protects you. Once you feel confident that this surrounds you, breathe in deeply again and thank God or the universe for being there to shield you.

Whenever you feel like negativity is coming in again, do the above to reinforce that shield. The energy actually does surround you and protect you, but you may need to do this daily or even several times a day to maintain them at first.

Those who are advanced with working with shields are able to drop them and raise them very quickly. Working with shields takes discipline and commitment to master the technique, but once you do, you will feel a change in how you go about your day, knowing that negativity does not have to influence your life.

This is just a very basic beginners way to use shields, but I hope this helps explain the basic process.

I'd like to share the following with anyone new to energy work.

Energy is everywhere - probably no surprise to you. But please keep that in mind when shielding. It is typically best in most instances to purposely (remember Debi's point in upper case "intention") bring energy to you from outside of yourself. By this I mean, the goal of shielding is to create protection. You don't want to unintentionally contribute your own personal energy to that shield else you reduce the energy you have inside yourself to apply to other tasks/efforts.

Instead when starting out with energy manipulations, reach out to whatever deity/deities you trust to enlist their energy. Debi shared this suggestion too.

Other commonly used sources of energy include the Earth, air, sunlight, moonlight, heat or light from a fireplace, even large groves of mature trees or forests for example.

I'd like to share the following with anyone new to energy work.

Energy is everywhere - probably no surprise to you. But please keep that in mind when shielding. It is typically best in most instances to purposely (remember Debi's point in upper case "intention") bring energy to you from outside of yourself. By this I mean, the goal of shielding is to create protection. You don't want to unintentionally contribute your own personal energy to that shield else you reduce the energy you have inside yourself to apply to other tasks/efforts.

Instead when starting out with energy manipulations, reach out to whatever deity/deities you trust to enlist their energy. Debi shared this suggestion too.

Other commonly used sources of energy include the Earth, air, sunlight, moonlight, heat or light from a fireplace, even large groves of mature trees or forests for example.
Excellent points, WandS. :)

Reactions: WitchAndShaman
Wow this is such good information. I will start practicing this. I have a very close friend that is a huge energy draw. She does it unintentionally and I have never told her about it. She is a lovely person but I’m always exhausted after spending time with her, even on the phone. I’m so excited to try this technique.

Another point about shielding worth sharing is that it is typically not necessary to spend your entire day protected by a shield. In fact, some skilled energy workers would probably even volunteer that it is bad or wrong to do so. If shields are left up accidentally for too long, you might find yourself feeling a different kind of drained or even kind of disconnected from your routine. This last feeling shouldn’t be a surprise since you were originally trying to keep something out which by accident could have included some of the energies you need or expect to experience daily.

So using your example Lynne, after you finish your call with that specific draining friend, you should purposely release the energy - or as they say on Star Trek, “...lower the shields Mr. Sulu.”

I prefer to intentionally (call out to Debi again there with using that important word) return energy back to the source I believe it came from. So if you originally drew the shield’s energy up from the grass/dirt, then release it back into the Earth. If you pulled the energy out of a fire, release it back into the same or a different fire (for example if the energy came out of a fireplace earlier in the evening but that fire has died out then release the energy back into a candle). And if you asked a deity for their help, then offer to return the shield’s energy back to the same deity along with sincere thanks for their help.

If you intent to release the energy, for gosh sakes please do the universe the favor of intentionally (Hi Debi!) releasing it into something specific. Don't just wave it away and say, “You’re free to go now” because the energy WILL in fact go somewhere, And without your directing it towards an intended target, it might end up somewhere that is later injurious to others...or bounce back to you with unintended consequences.

LOL Hi WanDs!

OK, on to "grounding" or releasing.

Simple releasing to source....

See yourself as a tree. Have feet on ground, and let the energy flow back to God through your branches that reach upward, or through the top of your head. If pulling energy from the ground or earth source, see it going out of your "roots", or feet, back into the ground. Breathe or blow out as you do this, as this is the opposite of what you did to breathe in as you pulled it to you. Relax and let it go as you do so.

I agree with WanDs in that keeping shields up at all times is wearing, and will block you from some emotions and feelings you honestly DO want to share with others. Use it as needed for those times you need extra protection.

I appreciate WanDs filling in the specifics/fine details for me. I believe him to be similarly trained in many areas as myself. As you guys know, I've got two patients going here, so I'm flying low and fast these days. Anyone with training, hop right on in here with suggestions!

Another point about shielding worth sharing is that it is typically not necessary to spend your entire day protected by a shield. In fact, some skilled energy workers would probably even volunteer that it is bad or wrong to do so. If shields are left up accidentally for too long, you might find yourself feeling a different kind of drained or even kind of disconnected from your routine. This last feeling shouldn’t be a surprise since you were originally trying to keep something out which by accident could have included some of the energies you need or expect to experience daily.

So using your example Lynne, after you finish your call with that specific draining friend, you should purposely release the energy - or as they say on Star Trek, “...lower the shields Mr. Sulu.”

I prefer to intentionally (call out to Debi again there with using that important word) return energy back to the source I believe it came from. So if you originally drew the shield’s energy up from the grass/dirt, then release it back into the Earth. If you pulled the energy out of a fire, release it back into the same or a different fire (for example if the energy came out of a fireplace earlier in the evening but that fire has died out then release the energy back into a candle). And if you asked a deity for their help, then offer to return the shield’s energy back to the same deity along with sincere thanks for their help.

If you intent to release the energy, for gosh sakes please do the universe the favor of intentionally (Hi Debi!) releasing it into something specific. Don't just wave it away and say, “You’re free to go now” because the energy WILL in fact go somewhere, And without your directing it towards an intended target, it might end up somewhere that is later injurious to others...or bounce back to you with unintended consequences.
Great advice because I might have done just that! Thank you

very well said wanDs! Thank you fro sharing that

i very much like your avatar.what is it?

Reactions: WitchAndShaman