Talkin' about Time Travel...

So . . are aliens merely ourselves from the future, traveling back in time ? Perhaps to warn us or to gather something needed in their time.

Reactions: Black Cloud
Aliens may indeed be a VERSION of A future that humanity MAY go down. I have always felt that IF people went into the past or the future that this act in and of itself would cause a split and the formation of a new timeline.

The past that you traveled to would now be THAT, the one that you went back to and separate from one that you didn't go back to. At that point, if you tried to return to the future to YOUR present, you would instead return to the future that was created by your trip into the past and the one where you never went to the past will be forever lost to you.

It is possible that even just going and looking may affect the future that you came from. That mosquito that you swatted may, in a different timeline have bitten and killed or at least made severely ill someone that had a big effect on your original future. When you tried to return to your future you would show up in the future where that person was not bitten and got sick or died.

Imagine how different the world would be had you done something that led to Hitler instead of becoming a dictator he instead was successful in his efforts to become an artist and became a well-known and loved painter. Any slight change could have massive effects on the future. The strange thing is that YOU would be the only person that would KNOW that the world had changed.

The real question is would the original timeline cease to exist or would you now have parallel timelines? Is there a limit to how many versions of NOW that you can have? Do you have a headache from reading this yet???

If a man stepped into a time machine and set it for, say, 6 months into the future and then stepped out, he would be in the middle of empty space and quite dead. The Earth being 180 million miles away on the other side of the Sun. When you change time you have to take space into account as well.

I suspect that time and space are intrinsically connected. Time is simply a way to describe the changes in space. At the speeds that this planet is turning on its axis, the speed that this planet is traveling around the sun, the speed that our solar system in traveling as a unit through space if time and space were not connected via inertia you could jump up and come down GOD knows where!!!

Einstein connected time and space via the idea that as you move faster and faster time slows down to the point at the speed of light that it all breaks down. At light speed, you either freeze in time and space, or you break through into maybe another time or space. Somewhere in that there is a possibility of time travel or maybe a faster than light drive....

The future may be a very interesting place as we explore these possibilities. There are some odd unexplained things in our history that might be explained by visitors not from aliens but from our descendants from the future. I have often wandered these odd places in my mind wondering and specualating...

Talk of multiple timelines makes me wonder about the nature of the soul. Does the same individual in every timeline have their own soul, or does one soul account for the same person in all timelines?

If the same person is a priest in one timeline but a murderer in another, how does soul apportionment apply? Some timelines may differ by factors so small as to be unnoticeable.

Alternate timelines shoot down the old idea that everyone is unique. There would be an infinite number of all of us.

If each individual in alternate timelines has their own soul, that implies that each timeline has it's own "afterlife" aspect as well. Infinite heavens, infinite hells.

It's too early in the morning to think about this!

Talk of multiple timelines makes me wonder about the nature of the soul. Does the same individual in every timeline have their own soul, or does one soul account for the same person in all timelines?

If the same person is a priest in one timeline but a murderer in another, how does soul apportionment apply? Some timelines may differ by factors so small as to be unnoticeable.

Alternate timelines shoot down the old idea that everyone is unique. There would be an infinite number of all of us.

If each individual in alternate timelines has their own soul, that implies that each timeline has it's own "afterlife" aspect as well. Infinite heavens, infinite hells.

It's too early in the morning to think about this!
You just made my head hurt. lol

Reactions: GoneWestUtah
Or, is one soul associated with multiple individuals?