Tales of Haunted Dolls

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

When it comes to stories of haunted objects, dolls often seem to find themselves at the center of the purported possessions. It's a mystery why, exactly, that is the case and, perhaps, a question we'd rather not know the answer to. Nonetheless, YouTube user Top5s has put together a positively unsettling collection of 'cursed' doll cases that could be classified by some as pure nightmare fuel.

Featured in the video alongside the infamous Annabelle and Mexico's Island of the Dolls is a particularly compelling case of a doll named Mandy. The toy is believed to have been made at the turn of the century and passed down to a woman by her grandmother sometime in the 1990's. Upon receiving the doll, the woman allegedly became disturbed after frequently hearing the sound of crying coming from her basement and, upon venturing down to investigate, kept discovering that the window had been opened.

As one can imagine, Mandy's owner was not too keen on keeping the doll in her home and subsequently donated it to the Quesnel Museum in British Columbia, Canada. In keeping with cases of this type, it appears that Mandy brought her special brand of spooky hijinks with her to the museum, where a remarkable number of eerie events have since been attributed to the possibly haunted doll. Such paranormal activity includes moving objects, batteries being drained, and instances where Mandy has apparently moved on her own.

Perhaps the two most chilling details of Mandy's story are that museum workers 'gave' the doll a small stuffed animal to 'keep her company.' They were later perturbed to see that the gift had, somehow, wound up outside of the locked case where Mandy resides. And, in a testament to how seriously those at the museum take Mandy's haunted disposition, it is said that staff members will actually hold the doll if they hear her tapping on the glass as an indication that she is lonely.

Worst of the Haunted dolls? Robert the Doll down in Key West. Ugh.

Good too 5 ! Enjoyed this. These haunted dolls are the creepiest things.

Robert the Doll is definitely in some league of his own.. especially to anyone that has already read the backdrop story of him etc. that said yeah.. potentially haunted, creepy dolls used to be a phobia of mine as a kid for a good while, ha. haunted possessions in general have always fascinated me, tho.

Last edited:
Robert the Doll is definitely in some league of his own.. especially to anyone that has already read the backdrop story of him etc. that said yeah.. potential haunted, creepy dolls used to be a phobia of mine as a kid for a good while, ha. haunted possessions in general has always fascinated me, tho.
Me too. I really liked the show Haunted collector .