Taking pics of the dead

Brody

Reaction score
My family has a habit of taking pictures of the corpses at funerals. I sort of find this bizarre myself.

Perhaps in a new era where picture taking is far more common this practice will die out as our lives will be so much better documented while we are still alive?

Your stance?

I have never seen people take pictures during a service. Afterwards yes. The corpse, never. I would think it odd should I see someone taking pictures of someone laying in a casket.

It used to be common place many years ago .Mostly because most people did not own cameras, and had to hire a photographer to take pictures ,which most people couldn't afford.The funeral photos may have been the only photos some would get of their loved ones. I would not do it,and I don't quite understand why it would be necessary these days,but who am I to judge how someone chooses to remember their loved ones.

Reactions: Laura and Paintman
I understand the history of it, but for me, I do not agree with continuing the tradition of it. I would much rather remember the spirit within and cherish my living pictures with the soul shining thro the eyes

I understand the history of it, but for me, I do not agree with continuing the tradition of it. I would much rather remember the spirit within and cherish my living pictures with the soul shining thro the eyes
Well said

Reactions: Debi
Well said

Reactions: Debi
My wife's mother passed and she had to go back to the Ukraine for the funeral. They still do it over their. I told her to bring some 8x10s and we could hang then on the stairs. My wife doesn't get my humor............she got the 8x10s. and no,they are not hanging anywhere.

Reactions: Paintman and Debi