Take me out to the Ballgame....

Since Ive lived in MI all my life its the Tigers, sadly they have not done well in the last few years.

Reactions: Cat Man
I never really got into it, but I remember that whenever I went to my grandmother's house, she'd always have a Cubs game on. And her favorite player was Sammy Sosa.
The Cubs have a big following. I see Cub fans in every stadium. I believe that its the other Chicago team, White Sox that we should watch this year. They are loaded with talent.

The Cubs have a big following. I see Cub fans in every stadium. I believe that its the other Chicago team, White Sox that we should watch this year. They are loaded with talent.
Two great points. The White Sox look good this year. About the Cubs, you're also right. In fact, when I was a kid, there where times when Cub fans outnumbered Dodger fans at Dodger Stadium when the two teams would play. That's become less of a phenomenon over time as those people, who were clearly transplants form Chicago, spawn native Californians.

Reactions: Lynne
I think the number of Cub fans nationally can be traced back to the early days of cable TV when WGN was included in many packages across the country. MLB, in the form of the Cubs, became available to areas where it had never been seen previously, except on Sat afternoon network games of the week. The Braves developed a similar national following when Ted Turner's "super station 17" joined cable packages in the mid/late 70s.

When the Braves signed free agent pitcher Andy Messerschmitt in the mid 70s, Ted Turner tried to put "Channel" above his jersey number "17" to advertise his super station. Messerschmitt was amenable, but MLB refused to allow it.

Reactions: Cat Man and Lynne
Since Ive lived in MI all my life its the Tigers, sadly they have not done well in the last few years.
I always liked the Tigers. I think it's that cool logo that does it for me. It gives me that "old-time baseball" feeling.

I definitely have very fond memories of the Cubs. But I think that was her hands down, all time favorite team. I don't think there was so much as a close second if anything.

I always liked the Tigers. I think it's that cool logo that does it for me. It gives me that "old-time baseball" feeling.
It does. Now we need to find a way to win.

For myself and baseball; I reminisce daily standing in the dirt guarding First Base at Owensville Highs Athletic Field! With my big red Taiwanese designed first basemans glove at the ready on my left hand as a 16 year old Colt Leaguer! ;)

It's long been written in my Will that some of my ashes be scattered in Right Field. "Right Field"? you say? Please read my first entry in Sports and you'll know why that is the plan.

MK IV ∆=⚾

Last edited:
May all our teams enter the "Wild Thing" zone.

And hey, let the fans return to the game.

Reactions: Paintman