Take me out to the Ballgame....

Favorite team Washington Nationals, also known as The NATS. F player is Bryce Harper, the reigning National League most valuable player. The smells (hotdogs, popcorn, sausage) and sounds of the fans is what makes it fun at the ballpark. Family, friends, ballpark, NATS winning, nothing better. I must admit, I watch most games from the comfort of home.
Favorite Nats player now has to be Juan Soto who has really blossomed into an elite player. He is still very young.

Screenshot_20200829-112759.png

Reactions: Paintman
I watched both play when I was a kid.

I don't really care for baseball (Football is my love). But I do have a neat memory... I live in WI so our team is the Brewers (no love loss there lol). Anyways, let's go back 33 years. I was 12. 1982. Baseball was huge with all the kids in the apartment complex I grew up in- especially since a few Brewer families lived in the condo-townhouses kiddie corner to our complex. The only thing that separated us and them was a big field. Well, some of us (ages 10-15) decided to come up with our own team (our street was Barnard St.) so we called ourselves the Barnard Brewers. The kids along the street who didn't live in the complex called themselves something with a C (yah, I don't remember because they weren't my team haha). But we decided to have a big game one Saturday at the end of the summer. We worked all summer on it- made flyers, the guys all rallied together and mowed this huge field, made little benches, and us girls were cheerleaders and made Tshirts for the boys and us, the moms did hot dogs and drinks... Word got around and the big day came, and we have TONS of people in attendance- close to 100+! And guess who showed up in support? A bunch of the Brewers and their families! They signed autographs and were so cool! Rollie Fingers, Pete Vuckovich, Ned Yost, Cecil Cooper and Robin Yount came- all to support the kids, It was SUCH a big deal to us that they went out of their way to come- and not for a photo op or for money- just to encourage some little apartment rugrats. THAT was awesome :D
That is such an awesome story! Thanks for sharing!

Congrats to the Chicago White Sox for qualifying for the 2020 MLB playoffs, first time since 2008.

It seems that 2020 is a year that many baseball greats are passing:

Missing another great ball player, Joe Morgan who passed over the weekend. He was part of the 75+76 Big Red Machine. Little Joe was his nickname.