Take me out to the Ballgame....

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Well, that should get the attention of the guys around here...hehe!

OK! So, much talk has been flying on the chat thread about baseball. Let's hear it! Who's your favorite team? Who's the favorite player? What's your favorite part of going to a game? Do you prefer watching a game on TV or being there in person?

th

Favorite team Washington Nationals, also known as The NATS. F player is Bryce Harper, the reigning National League most valuable player. The smells (hotdogs, popcorn, sausage) and sounds of the fans is what makes it fun at the ballpark. Family, friends, ballpark, NATS winning, nothing better. I must admit, I watch most games from the comfort of home.

I have been to Chicago for a couple of White Sox games. It was a good time ( besides the drunk spilling beer on my wives back ) ,but in front of the TV is a better seat in my opinion .The price of tickets are getting out of hand too.

Reactions: Paintman
Well I was at the all star game in 2006

Got to know the head of the park

Sat and chatted with chuck tanner for a full inning.

Taken bp in the cage in inside and on the field.

Sat front row on 9/11/05 and chatted with the police officer who sing God bless America.

Been to the old Yankee stadium. Chicago. Cleveland. Cinni.

Played as a youth.

And yes I did get kicked out of a church softball league.

But I haven't watched a game in years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Taken bp in the cage in inside and on the field.
Cool man. 10 years ago I bid on redecorating the luxury boxes for the Gary Railcats. Got to hit in the indoor cage. Fun. Easier to say ditto to everything everyone above said, 'cept I watch a lot of White Sox games on the radio.
Favorite White Sox ? Frank Thomas, Carlton Fisk, Bo Jackson, Mark Buerhle, and the great Minnie Minoso. I own an autographed Minnie autobiography and two 8X10's. that need framing. He was a Black Cuban who broke in w/ owner Bill Veeck in the early 50's and I saw him bat in the late 70's (It was an end of the season Bill Veeck stunt.)
1977-MINOSO-WHAT-IF.jpg

my favorite ball park memory is steven drew... Jd Drew brother laughing at me... during bp i stuck my bare hand out for a baseball... big shock.. i dropped it... he heard the sound it made turned around and was laughing and asked if i wanted the ball... i said sure he came over and looked at my hand and said you better have it cause thats going to hurt in a few hours..

I don't really care for baseball (Football is my love). But I do have a neat memory... I live in WI so our team is the Brewers (no love loss there lol). Anyways, let's go back 33 years. I was 12. 1982. Baseball was huge with all the kids in the apartment complex I grew up in- especially since a few Brewer families lived in the condo-townhouses kiddie corner to our complex. The only thing that separated us and them was a big field. Well, some of us (ages 10-15) decided to come up with our own team (our street was Barnard St.) so we called ourselves the Barnard Brewers. The kids along the street who didn't live in the complex called themselves something with a C (yah, I don't remember because they weren't my team haha). But we decided to have a big game one Saturday at the end of the summer. We worked all summer on it- made flyers, the guys all rallied together and mowed this huge field, made little benches, and us girls were cheerleaders and made Tshirts for the boys and us, the moms did hot dogs and drinks... Word got around and the big day came, and we have TONS of people in attendance- close to 100+! And guess who showed up in support? A bunch of the Brewers and their families! They signed autographs and were so cool! Rollie Fingers, Pete Vuckovich, Ned Yost, Cecil Cooper and Robin Yount came- all to support the kids, It was SUCH a big deal to us that they went out of their way to come- and not for a photo op or for money- just to encourage some little apartment rugrats. THAT was awesome :D