Take me out to the Ballgame....

The ownership of the Reds are getting blasted here locally for trading away some of their best players for prospects and draft picks the last few days. Last I heard they traded a starting pitchers, a starting OF, and a starting 3rd baseman; rumors are the fire sale is going to continue.

The ownership of the Reds are getting blasted here locally for trading away some of their best players for prospects and draft picks the last few days. Last I heard they traded a starting pitchers, a starting OF, and a starting 3rd baseman; rumors are the fire sale is going to continue.
I know the pain. The Tigers traded away everything they had accept Cabrera who is always injured. The Tigers are awful.

Reactions: Paintman
Player salaries are getting outrageous. Smaller market teams cannot afford paying players what the NY, LA, Boston, Houston teams can. $30 M a year for some players. The penalty ( competitive balance tax) for going over the team salary cap is not large enough in my opinion.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lynne and Paintman
Lynne , if you want to be a closet White Sox fan I can initiate you.
Go buy a beef sandwich and say " Babtise it.'
The ballpark is called Comiskey - forever.
Frank Thomas is Baseball Jesus.
Start getting in fist fights with Cub frans.
Develop your swear word vocabulary.
Bill Veeck is baseball owner Jesus. Cross yourself when you say his name.
Name all your pets after favorite baseball players.
Comiskey Park sells hard liquor. It's okay to have a big glass of scotch with your hot dog.
Did I mention the Chicago Cubs ? No go. ( I have to swear everybody to secrecy but Wrigley Field is a pretty cool place to watch a game.)
Lynne, memorize every line of dialogue from The Blues Brothers.

Have a guy you know in The Outfit.
Carry a pistol.
Learn to swear in several languages.
A White Sox jersey is appropriate to wear to church. Not recommended but appropriate.
Lynne, you have to hate the Cubs. This is a very important Nuance that you need to pay attention to. But it is okay to like Ernie Banks and Billy Williams and Andre Dawson. And that pitcher guy that threw a perfect game.
Lynne,
I hope this helps.

Lynne , if you want to be a closet White Sox fan I can initiate you.
Go buy a beef sandwich and say " Babtise it.'
The ballpark is called Comiskey - forever.
Frank Thomas is Baseball Jesus.
Start getting in fist fights with Cub frans.
Develop your swear word vocabulary.
Bill Veeck is baseball owner Jesus. Cross yourself when you say his name.
Name all your pets after favorite baseball players.
Comiskey Park sells hard liquor. It's okay to have a big glass of scotch with your hot dog.
Did I mention the Chicago Cubs ? No go. ( I have to swear everybody to secrecy but Wrigley Field is a pretty cool place to watch a game.)
Lynne, memorize every line of dialogue from The Blues Brothers.

Have a guy you know in The Outfit.
Carry a pistol.
Learn to swear in several languages.
A White Sox jersey is appropriate to wear to church. Not recommended but appropriate.
Lynne, you have to hate the Cubs. This is a very important Nuance that you need to pay attention to. But it is okay to like Ernie Banks and Billy Williams and Andre Dawson. And that pitcher guy that threw a perfect game.
Lynne,
I hope this helps.
I think I need a tutor. That’s a lot but I had a good laugh and appreciate the thought.

Sorry guys, i don't have anything to add to this discussion other than changing Lynne's 1007 time post lol. Bad muju rofl. Not sure why that damn number comes up A LOT. One of those things where you just have to jump to the other side of the line lol.

Reactions: Paintman and Lynne
The White Sox are getting some love ! ( I may not have to have a safety team this year.)

• Love it
Reactions: 7Critter
Well, I haven't really followed organized, professional sports of any kind in about 40 years, but I will admit that a baseball game is one of the best ways possible to spend a summer evening. Especially if it's a minor-league team and smaller park.