Take me out to the Ballgame....

Me too. Probably have a Don Sutton baseball card somewhere around here.
Cat, tough times in LA. Sad.

The White Sox are already stacked with the team they have right now and there's still a lot of rumors about picking up another Cy Young candidate quality starting pitcher. Still hoping it's Trevor Bauer from the Reds. There's also talk about upgrading right field - even though Adam Eaton is already a sufficient upgrade. And then they want to get that designated hitter from the Twins.

I have never been so hopeful for a season to start in Chicago. The Sox even hired away the Cubs TV play-by-play guy and he's going to be on the radio on the Southside. Len Kasper is really good.

Right now the White Sox may have the best starting pitching and bullpen in baseball . And offensively they have a murderer's row coming up. Current MVP, MLB batting champ, bunch of Silver Sluggers.

I can't wait to get this season started !

Reactions: Lynne
Me too. Probably have a Don Sutton baseball card somewhere around here.
Cat, tough times in LA. Sad.

The White Sox are already stacked with the team they have right now and there's still a lot of rumors about picking up another Cy Young candidate quality starting pitcher. Still hoping it's Trevor Bauer from the Reds. There's also talk about upgrading right field - even though Adam Eaton is already a sufficient upgrade. And then they want to get that designated hitter from the Twins.

I have never been so hopeful for a season to start in Chicago. The Sox even hired away the Cubs TV play-by-play guy and he's going to be on the radio on the Southside. Len Kasper is really good.

Right now the White Sox may have the best starting pitching and bullpen in baseball . And offensively they have a murderer's row coming up. Current MVP, MLB batting champ, bunch of Silver Sluggers.

I can't wait to get this season started !
Looks like good times ahead for the White Sox.

Reactions: Paintman and Lynne
The Reds and Dodgers were big rivals
They sure were. That's when each league had only two divisions. The NL West was: Dodgers, Reds, Giants, Padres, Astros, and Braves. The Dodgers and the Reds were always battling it out for the division title back then. Those were the days of the "Big Red Machine" and the "Big Blue Wrecking Crew".

Shoot.
I read a Hank Aaron authorized biography. There was a point where he was considering retirement and not going after the home run record. But he got involved with some shady businessmen in Atlanta. They opened up a chain of Hank Aaron fried chicken restaurants and absolutely fleeced him out of all of his money. He had to keep playing.

Hank Aaron had the most intimidating move when he was walking from the on deck circle to the batter's box. He would drag the bat along the ground behind him - like Linus with his blanket.

Hank Aaron the cat has a Hank Aaron baseball card on the fridge above his food bowl.

Reactions: Debi and Duke
Mistaken memory. Hank Aaron had to hang around and play some more baseball for the Milwaukee Brewers to get his bank account back up. He had already beaten Babe Ruth's record.
Sorry and carry on.

Reactions: Debi