Welcome to the Official Paranormal Forum
Join today to discuss Paranormal experiences or participate in conversations covering True Ghost Stories, Cryptozoology, UFOs & Aliens, and much more.

Take me out to the Ballgame....

7Christie

Paranormal Trooper
Staff
Reaction score
MLB and individual teams have developed protocols and practices to keep the CV-19 spread to a minimum. I'm curious to learn more details as Spring Training 2 starts and to see if any of these practices are adaptable to the general public. Could MLB set a pattern that sports fans adopt ?

Duke

Open-minded critical thinker
Staff
Reaction score
Heard there will be no minor league baseball this year. How will MLB teams fill roster spots due to injuries? Maybe something similar to "cab squads" in the NFL?

7Christie

Paranormal Trooper
Staff
Reaction score
Heard there will be no minor league baseball this year. How will MLB teams fill roster spots due to injuries? Maybe something similar to "cab squads" in the NFL?
They will still draw from the minor league. No scabs. They may not be playing games, but they are still part of the organization.

I believe that each team has a 40 player roster, 60 player pool, 30 dress each game; but this changes as the season progresses. This season only has special rules.

Updated as I learn more.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paintman

7Christie

Paranormal Trooper
Staff
Reaction score
I heard today that the Washington Nationals have distributed a 100 page document for health and safe practices to all players. These are practices that must be followed EACH DAY. I am really hoping that they have a safe and complete shortened season.

Last edited:
Reactions: Debi

Duke

Open-minded critical thinker
Staff
Reaction score
They will still draw from the minor league. No scabs. They may not be playing games, but they are still part of the organization.

I believe that each team has a 40 player roster, 60 player pool, 30 dress each game; but this changes as the season progresses. This season only has special rules.

Updated as I learn more.
Ok, that answers my question. The sixty player pool is like an NFL practice/cab squad. They will practice as part of the MLB team, not playing with a minor league team. They are not be available to play unless they are activated, meaning another player is put on IR.

Reactions: 7Christie
OP
Debi

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

If they were smart, they'd come up with an app where fans can remotely cheer, boo, react during the game itself. Like putting their virtual body at the game and reacting in real time to plays which is then broadcast with the game. OK, app developers...get on that!

7Christie

Paranormal Trooper
Staff
Reaction score

If they were smart, they'd come up with an app where fans can remotely cheer, boo, react during the game itself. Like putting their virtual body at the game and reacting in real time to plays which is then broadcast with the game. OK, app developers...get on that!
They do have that in Twitter, but the players don't see and hear tweets while the game is going on. Instantaneously fan reaction to the game . . . . hmmmmm