Take me out to the Ballgame....

[from MLB writer Anthony Castrovince]

In a new twist on what has quickly become a vibrant event, Players’ Weekend, to be held this year on Aug. 23-25 – an opportunity for players to showcase their passions, backgrounds and interests by putting their personal touches, including nicknames, on what they wear and the equipment they use -- will feature monochromatic black or white uniforms.
They are simple and sharp, and they will help the creatively colored and decorated equipment -- including bats, spikes, batting gloves, wristbands, compression sleeves and catcher’s equipment -- pop. With jerseys by Majestic, caps by New Era Cap and socks from Stance, they are the black-and-white canvases upon which players will paint their personalities for the weekend-long event planned jointly by Major League Baseball and the MLB Players’ Association.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Whole article: Players' Weekend, nicknames return Aug. 23-25
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Critter] this should be a fun weekend. Some players choose a [clean] clubhouse name. Some choose a play on their name. Word is Joey Votto of the Reds ( a first baseman ) will choose "Who."

Last edited:
[from MLB writer Anthony Castrovince]

In a new twist on what has quickly become a vibrant event, Players’ Weekend, to be held this year on Aug. 23-25 – an opportunity for players to showcase their passions, backgrounds and interests by putting their personal touches, including nicknames, on what they wear and the equipment they use -- will feature monochromatic black or white uniforms.
They are simple and sharp, and they will help the creatively colored and decorated equipment -- including bats, spikes, batting gloves, wristbands, compression sleeves and catcher’s equipment -- pop. With jerseys by Majestic, caps by New Era Cap and socks from Stance, they are the black-and-white canvases upon which players will paint their personalities for the weekend-long event planned jointly by Major League Baseball and the MLB Players’ Association.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Whole article: Players' Weekend, nicknames return Aug. 23-25
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Critter] this should be a fun weekend. Some players choose a [clean] clubhouse name. Some choose a play on their name. Word is Joey Votto of the reds ( a first baseman ) will choose "Who."
Pittsburgh Pirates' Joe Musgrove to wear Avengers-themed glove during Players' Weekend

Reactions: 7Critter
Next August the Chicago White Sox and the New York Yankees are going to play a regular season game at the Field of Dreams. That is the ball field carved out of an Iowa cornfield in the movie of the same name.
They are building temporary bleachers that will hold 8000 fans.
Now here is the tie in with conspiracies:). Shoeless Joe Jackson was banned from baseball for life because of his alleged involvement in the Chicago Black Sox Scandal where they threw the 1919 World Series against the Cincinnati Reds. Ray Liotta played him in the Field of Dreams, as the ghost slugger.
The thing is Shoeless Joe hit very well in that World Series and committed no errors. Even his guilty teammates said he had nothing to do with it.
Baseball writers and statisticians are holding symposiums this year to get Shoeless Joe's lifetime ban lifted. If they are successful lobbying the MLB, he would be on the veterans committee ballot and is a shoe-in for enshrinement at Cooperstown.:)
This announcement could coincide with the White Sox - Yankees game.

Reactions: Paulm
to get Shoeless Joe's lifetime ban lifted
I believe that most people think he should be placed on the Hall of Fame ballot.

Next August the Chicago White Sox and the New York Yankees are going to play a regular season game at the Field of Dreams. That is the ball field carved out of an Iowa cornfield
That's kind of a small ballfield by MLB standards. I wonder if they have pushed back the cornfield to increase the outfield.

My mom's boyfriend went there. Said Centerfield was only 300 feet. So yeah I think there's going to be a lot of modifications made:p.
This will technically be a White Sox home game played on a Thursday. However season ticket holders do not have dibs for the Field of Dreams game. I bet tickets on the secondary market will go for four figures +.:(
That's a shame because this could have been our Baseballstock :D

Reactions: 7Critter and Paulm
My mom's boyfriend went there. Said Centerfield was only 300 feet. So yeah I think there's going to be a lot of modifications made:p.
This will technically be a White Sox home game played on a Thursday. However season ticket holders do not have dibs for the Field of Dreams game. I bet tickets on the secondary market will go for four figures +.:(
That's a shame because this could have been our Baseballstock :D
I was going to suggest road trip but you're right...the tickets will be outta sight.

The Field of Dreams game kind of reminds me of Notre Dame football in South Bend Indiana. The local airport has to handle 250 private jets for football weekend.

Reactions: 7Critter and Debi