Take me out to the Ballgame....

1979 or '80. Junedale Little League in Gary, Indiana. All-Star team. I can remember six other players names, but I remember every single one of them.:cool:
IMG_20180628_204828029.jpg

Reactions: Debi
Those are awfully big little leaguers ! To me little league is 8 - 10 years old.
This may have been Senior League All Stars. 13, 14, 15. So this would have been 1980, '81, ,82. And everyone had the feathered hair. :cool:
(I'm the kid lower-middle with the bat.) Always the smallest kid on every team. The original 1 -Dog .:p
My mom was going through pictures, found it, and I'm going to go look for a little frame. My friend Matt has since passed away. Top Row Third from the left. He played third base.

Reactions: 7Critter
I am probably the first fan ever to retire from the MLB as a fan or a Tigers fan. Some things they have done in recent days (firing ) for political correctness I can no longer be a fan of a team that will ruin one person's life because of a word (Monkey) that was taken out of context. I can no longer listen to the game and forget the rest of the world, so I quit.

Reactions: 7Critter
I never pitched for that team. There were some Division 1 men on that team. But I played the crap out of second base.:cool: Batted lead off and clean up. Gilbert Sanchez is the guy sitting on my right. He was one hell of a shortstop. We did everything together.:cool: He knew me and I knew him.

I am probably the first fan ever to retire from the MLB as a fan or a Tigers fan. Some things they have done in recent days (firing ) for political correctness I can no longer be a fan of a team that will ruin one person's life because of a word (Monkey) that was taken out of context. I can no longer listen to the game and forget the rest of the world, so I quit.

Man, baseball has to come before politics:). But not football.:eek: But I hear you loud and clear. Dude,I never do any shrinking around here, but we are sympatico, American League Central. I'm listening.

Does this thread morph to football in the fall/winter? I'm not enough of a baseball fan to add to any meaningful discussion, but college football I can talk intelligently about.

Reactions: NobleHouse
Does this thread morph to football in the fall/winter? I'm not enough of a baseball fan to add to any meaningful discussion, but college football I can talk intelligently about.
Sure. Any sports are fine. I talked Washington Capitals hockey during the Stanley Cup tournament.