Take me out to the Ballgame....

It's okay to be a Washington Nationals team fan also. After all, the team plays in our Nation's capital. And, btw, I see Montreal Expo paraphernalia ( hats, jerseys, banners) at every home game and at some away games. Now that's loyalty.
I miss the expos.
The White Sox are playing a rare National League game in St Louis right now. I'm going to go on record and say that the Cardinals have the best jerseys in baseball. And the Blackhawks in hockey.
Anybody have some favorite uniforms? And I don't mean the mustard yellow San Diego Padres from 1972. :eek:
that reminds me i bought a Cardinals shirt the other day when I was at the salvation army store. 2 bucks! woohoo Looks almost like this one but it says Flood on the back
cardinals_005.jpg

Great find !
Fun fact. I learned that the favorite baseball teams in the south from the 1930s up until the early 60s were the Cardinals and the Chicago White Sox. They had an enormous radio presence. Lots of affiliates.
If you want to read a fun history about how the St Louis Cardinals & everybody else, came into being - "The Summer of Beer and Whiskey". By Edward Achon. The sub-headline tells the story. " How Brewer's ,Bar keeps, rowdies, immigrants , and a wild pennant fight made baseball America's game." 1884.

Reactions: 7Critter and Armand
Great find !
Fun fact. I learned that the favorite baseball teams in the south from the 1930s up until the early 60s were the Cardinals and the Chicago White Sox. They had an enormous radio presence. Lots of affiliates.
If you want to read a fun history about how the St Louis Cardinals & everybody else, came into being - "The Summer of Beer and Whiskey". By Edward Achon. The sub-headline tells the story. " How Brewer's ,Bar keeps, rowdies, immigrants , and a wild pennant fight made baseball America's game." 1884.
Something strange about baseball when I am driving home from work at night and I get to listen to the end of the game (usually) no matter how messed up my day was or stressful. I get a feeling of peace. sort of like the old adage "it's just a game" can be thought of as the responsibilities we go through.

I have been a fan of many different sports but baseball I have never given up on. Maybe I have too many memories of the best of times as a child before life started to suck.

Something strange about baseball when I am driving home from work at night and I get to listen to the end of the game (usually) no matter how messed up my day was or stressful. I get a feeling of peace. sort of like the old adage "it's just a game" can be thought of as the responsibilities we go through.

I have been a fan of many different sports but baseball I have never given up on. Maybe I have too many memories of the best of times as a child before life started to suck.
Cool. "Baseball it's the one constant throughout the years . . " - Clarence Mann, Field of Dreams - and I believe it.

Reactions: Paintman
Yeah, it's kind of funny how baseball and life collides against each other.

And boy did I learn something new yesterday. There's a minor league baseball team called the Joliet Slammers. As in the prison where Elwood picked up Jake ? :confused:

Reactions: 7Critter and Armand
And boy did I learn something new yesterday. There's a minor league baseball team called the Joliet Slammers. As in the prison where Elwood picked up Jake ? :confused:
That is a fitting name.. hehe

Well, the Tigers took the series from Cleveland 2 games to three, the pitching staff didn't know how to pitch to the triple-A players that are in our line up. If the Tigers can win our division and go to the world series it might just be the first time a team won the world series because it was underestimated.

Whats your views on the fact that the pitching Aces from Cleveland were bested by rookies?

That is a fitting name.. hehe

Well, the Tigers took the series from Cleveland 2 games to three, the pitching staff didn't know how to pitch to the triple-A players that are in our line up. If the Tigers can win our division and go to the world series it might just be the first time a team won the world series because it was underestimated.

Whats your views on the fact that the pitching Aces from Cleveland were bested by rookies?
What you said, limited scouting reports.