Take me out to the Ballgame....

hey paint that story about the owner of the sox back when the Tigers had the disco double header party is still being talked about at work when we talk baseball. someone told me about it and I said strange how things like that get remembered.

I was in 5th or 6th grade when that happened Sparky anderson got the 2nd game cancled from all the vinal record debri on the field I still remmber that huge explosion of Disco albums.

I thought he was talking about his cat until I saw your comment. That’s how much I know about baseball
It's okay to be Canadian one of my favorite teams were the Montreal Expo's but they were bought by Critter and moved to Washington and he de-Canadianised them and called them the nationals. The blue jays are a good team.

MLB pitcher suffers brain hemorrhage during game

pitcher_1524345973961_5380378_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

CHICAGO (AP) - White Sox reliever Danny Farquhar suffered a brain hemorrhage while in the dugout during a game Friday night, and is in stable but critical condition.

Farquhar passed out in the sixth inning , and was helped by team medical personnel and on-site EMTs. He regained consciousness before he was taken to a hospital by ambulance.

The White Sox announced Saturday that additional testing revealed the brain hemorrhage caused by a ruptured aneurysm. Farquhar was receiving treatment and being closely monitored in the neurosurgical ICU unit at Rush University Medical center.

The team said it will provide updates on Farquhar's health as appropriate, but requested privacy for the family.

Farquhar got two outs in the top of the sixth against Houston. The 31-year-old right-hander fainted moments later.

"It takes your breath away a little bit," manager Rick Renteria said after Chicago's 10-0 loss. "One of your guys is down there and you have no idea what's going on. Again, the medical staff was like there right away the whole time and you know they called into the EMTs and somebody was already caring for him before they even got up."

Farquhar was selected by Toronto in the 10th round of the 2008 draft and made his major league debut with the Blue Jays in 2011. The right-hander is 10-15 with a 3.93 ERA in 253 career relief appearances with Toronto, Seattle, Tampa Bay and Chicago.

The White Sox placed Farquhar on the 10-day disabled list before the second game of their weekend set against Houston. Right-hander Gregory Infante was recalled from Triple-A Charlotte.

Reactions: Paintman
Yeah the Danny Farquhar story is getting a lot of press. He is really well-liked by his teammates and around the league. He's going to be hospitalized for 3 weeks.:(
The Sox radio announcers mentioned that he was lucky that the burst aneurysm happened when it happened. They could have been in a plane. Or he could have been alone in his hotel room.
Armand about disco demolition night, I still listen to both of those DJs that blew up the records as a radio stunt. It was Bill Veekes' son who really organized all of that. He is the current owner of the St. Paul Saints minor league baseball team.
Right on about the Blue Jays. They are often my American League safety team.:)

Reactions: 7Critter
It's okay to be Canadian one of my favorite teams were the Montreal Expo's but they were bought by Critter and moved to Washington and he de-Canadianised them and called them the nationals. The blue jays are a good team.
It's okay to be a Washington Nationals team fan also. After all, the team plays in our Nation's capital. And, btw, I see Montreal Expo paraphernalia ( hats, jerseys, banners) at every home game and at some away games. Now that's loyalty.

The White Sox are playing a rare National League game in St Louis right now. I'm going to go on record and say that the Cardinals have the best jerseys in baseball. And the Blackhawks in hockey.
Anybody have some favorite uniforms? And I don't mean the mustard yellow San Diego Padres from 1972. :eek:

Reactions: Debi
And I don't mean the mustard yellow San Diego Padres from 1972.
Nor the throwback bumble bee black and yellow striped Pittsburgh Pirates and throwback Pittsburgh Steelers uniforms.

In MLB many baseball teams sport the red, white, and blue colors in some or all of their uniforms. Just re-enforces that baseball is America's favorite pastime.

The Nationals have four regularly worn shirts. Specially uniforms are worn on special days such as Memorial weekend, Father's day, Mother's day, St Patrick's Day (spring training). It's kinda cool, honors our heros, and it breaks up the daily routine. Ladies will love MLB's Mother's day uniforms and paraphernalia; lots of pink; also worn for cancer awareness. Father's get baby blue uni's.

Today is Star Wars day at National Park. May the 5th be with you ? Not sure why yesterday was not Star Wars day other than today (Saturday) will see more fans, including children at the park.

Nats also have a Mariachi band playing during batting practice to help celebrate Cinco de Mayo day (for those who recognize the date). Word is Manager Davey Martinez arranged for the band.

Reactions: Paintman and Debi
Wonder if the Sox are going to need another year of rebuild ?:( The core group should be learning right now, but are playing like little Leaguers. Listened to two innings and was convinced they would blow a late inning lead. They did. How does a pitcher give up four runs on 10 pitches ?:eek:
This looks like a 100 loss team. Thank God for the 1899 Cleveland Spiders. They went 20 - 134. o_O
Right now I'm ready to throw Frank Thomas in a volcano to appease the Baseball Gods.
:weary::weary::weary:

Reactions: 7Critter and Debi