Take me out to the Ballgame....

Hank Aaron ( number 44, the baseball player) made baseball history 44 years ago yesterday, April 8th, by hitting career Homer number 715.

Reactions: Paintman
Hank Aaron ( number 44, the baseball player) made baseball history 44 years ago yesterday, April 8th, by hitting career Homer number 715.
he visited my bro-laws office and was signing baseballs for 25 bucks i think it was a few years ago.

Reactions: Paintman and Debi
Report: 974 Fans Attended Rays vs. White Sox Game at Guaranteed Rate Field

The 2018 baseball season is not even two weeks old, but it appears Chicago White Sox fans are already disinterested.

Monday's game against the Tampa Bay Rays had an official attendance of 10,377, but the number of spectators actually at the stadium was much lower. According to Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times, only 974 people showed up.

Rick Tarsitano of WGN provided a picture of a nearly empty Guaranteed Rate Field:

DaXwgSuWsAA9ty3.jpg

Reactions: Armand
Now about those attendance numbers at Sox Park. This is proof that journalism is dead. A lot of major Outlets neglected a few facts.
It was a scheduled night game. At 10 that morning they announced they were going to play at 1:15 in the afternoon, to beat the snow . They had already sold 10,000 tickets. It was a work day. The weather was terrible.
(Things like this help contribute to my feelings of inferiority, given my love of the second team in The Second City.):(

Now about those attendance numbers at Sox Park. This is proof that journalism is dead. A lot of major Outlets neglected a few facts.
It was a scheduled night game. At 10 that morning they announced they were going to play at 1:15 in the afternoon, to beat the snow . They had already sold 10,000 tickets. It was a work day. The weather was terrible.
(Things like this help contribute to my feelings of inferiority, given my love of the second team in The Second City.):(
AHA! NOW the truth! Thank you, Paint.

not sure if this was a good week to take off from work but at least i can watch bball.

Reactions: 7Critter