T minus 3 days....

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
NASA and SpaceX are go for historic launch

The launch is now set for Wednesday at 4:33 p.m. from launchpad 39A at the Kennedy Space Center in Florida.

If all goes well, it would be the first launch of NASA astronauts to space from U.S. soil since the space shuttle program was retired nearly a decade ago, and it would be the first time a private company had boosted people to orbit.

Reactions: 7Critter
It'll be a big sleeper with only some headlines to make it appear more than it is. Neil Armstrong. Buzz Aldrin, Michael Collins and the NASA scientists made all the history that mattered 50 years ago. I have a difficult time even imagining what could follow such an act.

I've harbored a theory for many years that the apogee of the United States as a nation occurred on the day that Neil Armstrong set foot on the moon and that it has been downhill ever since. For it was up to that day that we kept looking up to the stars and ever since we've been looking down. Whether that is pessimism or prophecy remains to be seen. But it remains my conviction until I see otherwise.

It'll be a big sleeper with only some headlines to make it appear more than it is. Neil Armstrong. Buzz Aldrin, Michael Collins and the NASA scientists made all the history that mattered 50 years ago. I have a difficult time even imagining what could follow such an act.

I've harbored a theory for many years that the apogee of the United States as a nation occurred on the day that Neil Armstrong set foot on the moon and that it has been downhill ever since. For it was up to that day that we kept looking up to the stars and ever since we've been looking down. Whether that is pessimism or prophecy remains to be seen. But it remains my conviction until I see otherwise.

I can certainly understand your point from at least an aspirational perspective.

Reactions: Paintman
I will say a special prayer for the safety of the astronauts as they will invest the greatest risks of all.

I would love to see this live test run so smoothly that it might help accelerate our plans for another moon landing.

It would be just so awesome to see movement towards a permanent moon base.

Reactions: 7Critter
America is returning to space and the expedition will be televised. Discovery and Science Channel will be sharing live coverage of NASA’s launch of SpaceX’s Falcon 9 rocket and Crew Dragon Capsule on May 27. The launch will mark the United States’ first time sending astronauts into space in nine years.

The multi-platform “Space Launch Live: America Returns to Space” television event will be simulcast at 2 p.m. ET/11 a.m. PT and will feature a star-studded guest list to celebrate the occasion. Katy Perry, Adam Savage, and former NASA engineer Mark Rober are among the variety of celebrity guests that will appear during the networks’ broadcasts. They’ll be joined be a handful of current and former astronauts, who will offer expert insight on the program.

How to Watch the Upcoming NASA SpaceX Rocket Launch Live

It would be just so awesome to see movement towards a permanent moon base.
I think that when it comes to space the only thing in the foreseeable future that could get me into a higher state of arousal would be a Mars landing mission. Being able to watch the entire mission live-streamed (with delay of course) from beginning to end would be fascinating.

The only other thing that could get me excited would be an entire colony heading out of the galaxy on a multi-generational mission. But I don't expect that to happen in my lifetime.

Local Central Florida news puts chance of launch at 40% because of weather predictions for this week.

Reactions: Paintman