Synchronicity

Probably not synchronicity but weird.I recently found I had a half brother 10 years younger as my dad had re -married.When we got to talking I found we both had a great interest in dogs,the bush and hunting and the paranormal and were both left to raise our kids alone.We both found this strange as we had never met.We are both shy but talked freely for hours.Probably more genetic than paranormal but still out there.Also found I had a half sister,so looking forward to seeing what she's up to.

I experienced four very striking synchronistic incidents this weekend. After the third one, I thought about posting them here. Then the fourth occurred and I was more impressed to post. Then I was immediately interrupted with chores like vacuuming black pet hair off of white chairs and analyzing broken sprinkler fixtures and actually forgot about posting. In fact, business stressors have caused me to even forgot the particulars of the last two incidents. But I do recall the first two incidents well because I kept repeating them in my head so that I could recall them in order to post them later,

For time sake - cause I think I’m going to be interrupted very shortly - I’m only going to commit to posting one of the two here at least for now. But please recognize that all four were just as unique and specific as this example.

First of all, all four incidents happened while I was driving. When I drive alone, I listen to paranormal podcasts, so both of these incidents involve podcasts. These were actually two sets of incidents from two different podcasts- the first two on Saturday and the second two (which I’ve forgotten) while listening to a different podcast on Sunday.

Anyhow, let me setup the first event on Saturday.
1. I was listening to a podcast where a caller was recounting a real life haunting story.
2. I was driving in a suburban area with typical strip mall kind of businesses. I was just about to pass a “Moe’s” fast food restaurant. Don’t know how widely Moe’s dot the US landscape; so for those not familiar with them, they have a standard practice where when a patron enters through the door, the employees yell out “Welcome to Moe’s!” Because not every employee recognizes each patron at the same time, often it will sound like an echo as different employees yell out this motto in series rather than concurrently.
3. So as I looked to my right to notice I was just driving by and passing Moe’s when...
4. ...the woman telling the story in the podcast exclaimed, “It’s got to be Moe! It’s got to be Moe!”
5. I was so stuck by the synchronicity that I actually pulled into the parking lot, backed up the podcast two minutes, and re-listened to that short segment to ensure I had heard the podcast content correctly and that it occurred at the time index when I was most likely to be passing Moe’s.

Last edited:
Then I was immediately interrupted
I hope that things calm down a bit and you are less distracted. I recall that you got a work promotion. Perhaps that is taking up much of your time. I love reading your usually very detailed stories.

I find that I write myself notes for things I want to do or ideas that briefly come to mind, and later, it is just enough of a reminder that the ideas flow back into my head. Today in my life I need all the reminders that I can get. :)

I hope that things calm down a bit and you are less distracted. I recall that you got a work promotion. Perhaps that is taking up much of your time. I love reading your usually very detailed stories.

I find that I write myself notes for things I want to do or ideas that briefly come to mind, and later, it is just enough of a reminder that the ideas flow back into my head. Today in my life I need all the reminders that I can get. :)

Thank you for the quality remembrance 7 and for the fond thoughts. You can be certain I love sharing as much as possible.

Yes, It is work that's got me hurried. In fact, this week alone I've taken on at least three very large projects and one more is hanging over my head - I keep swatting it away like a fly. I am committed to doing well for my company and my clients but this is really big hill to climb.

My first employment as an apprentice was a bit weird.
I was looking at engineering, but as there wasn't anything really available I was visiting the careers office just to tell them I may as well stay on in School and go for A levels. We had just about finished talking when the phone rang. It was a local engineering firm that an apprentice had just dropped out - and were asking if they knew anyone that could step in - I was there in 20 minutes!
The weird thing was that they only took 12 apprentices a year, and about 400 people had applied, so I jumped the queue.

The first official day there I was called into the office, and sat next to another lad who was also starting that day as he had been off on holiday.
It was a bit weird as a double meeting like that. When the manager asked our birth dates - they were exactly the same !

It turned out to be a wonderful experience, as the plant had existed since WW1. Most employees had been there all their lives, and as an apprentice I was very well trained in most of what went on there.

Getting back to synchronicity. I expect most people have been talking and heard the TV or radio mention the same word or subject at some time or other. Makes me wonder if it is important.

Probably not synchronicity but weird.I recently found I had a half brother 10 years younger as my dad had re -married.When we got to talking I found we both had a great interest in dogs,the bush and hunting and the paranormal and were both left to raise our kids alone.We both found this strange as we had never met.We are both shy but talked freely for hours.Probably more genetic than paranormal but still out there.Also found I had a half sister,so looking forward to seeing what she's up to.
Was your meeting a chance event? Life does have its interesting turns. Thanks for sharing that. Congrats on finding more family.

Reactions: garnetsilver
My first employment as an apprentice was a bit weird.
I was looking at engineering, but as there wasn't anything really available I was visiting the careers office just to tell them I may as well stay on in School and go for A levels. We had just about finished talking when the phone rang. It was a local engineering firm that an apprentice had just dropped out - and were asking if they knew anyone that could step in - I was there in 20 minutes!
The weird thing was that they only took 12 apprentices a year, and about 400 people had applied, so I jumped the queue.

The first official day there I was called into the office, and sat next to another lad who was also starting that day as he had been off on holiday.
It was a bit weird as a double meeting like that. When the manager asked our birth dates - they were exactly the same !

It turned out to be a wonderful experience, as the plant had existed since WW1. Most employees had been there all their lives, and as an apprentice I was very well trained in most of what went on there.

Getting back to synchronicity. I expect most people have been talking and heard the TV or radio mention the same word or subject at some time or other. Makes me wonder if it is important.
The universe seems to put us where we need to be for the main path in our lives. I think synchronicities happen to remind us that everything in life is orchestrated to a degree and how we play our instrument determines the music we make and hear.

At the moment I can’t think of a personal example but I’m sure they’ve happened. If I think of a good one I’ll come back and post.

I believe we are all like sticks in a river. We may twist and turn a bit or want to be in a different place, but eventually we will all go down river the way we were meant to go.

I've also noticed another thing in my life, and that I kept meeting the same people over and over again until something happened. It was actually girls names. I kept meeting girls with the same name! Until eventually I ended up marrying someone with a different name.
But 7 years later when that was breaking up I met someone online behind an anonymous forum name and got talking. a few years later after marriage No1 we met up - and she had the same name!

Maybe things follow a blueprint? Quite often I will see major things happen twice or if I really want something it will just fall into my lap without trying.

I believe we are all like sticks in a river. We may twist and turn a bit or want to be in a different place, but eventually we will all go down river the way we were meant to go.

I've also noticed another thing in my life, and that I kept meeting the same people over and over again until something happened. It was actually girls names. I kept meeting girls with the same name! Until eventually I ended up marrying someone with a different name.
But 7 years later when that was breaking up I met someone online behind an anonymous forum name and got talking. a few years later after marriage No1 we met up - and she had the same name!

Maybe things follow a blueprint? Quite often I will see major things happen twice or if I really want something it will just fall into my lap without trying.
Did you marry the girl you met on the forum? Just being nosy now lol