Symbol keeps coming to me

Galexy

Reaction score
I keep seeing this symbol. When I draw it, it feels very right, like I'm supposed to be drawing it. I think it does something.

Has anyone seen it before or know what it means?

upload_2020-1-9_21-52-14.png

My first thought was spider. I did a google reverse search and only generic clip art came up, no meaning. A second search engine of 32 billion images revealed zero hits.

Reactions: Lynne
My first thought was spider. I did a google reverse search and only generic clip art came up, no meaning. A second search engine of 32 billion images revealed zero hits.

Haha I did the same exact thing, the Google reverse search, and got the clip art as well! I'd forgotten that I actually posted a thread a long time ago about this symbol, someone else had seen it before too, but it's not really in any books that we know of.

Reactions: Paintman
I keep seeing this symbol. When I draw it, it feels very right, like I'm supposed to be drawing it. I think it does something.

Has anyone seen it before or know what it means?

View attachment 22038

It does have an odd familiarity. But not in a way that I could identify where I have seen it before. It strikes me as something that might be spontaneously drawn by anyone while doodling. Perhaps I have done so myself. It lacks the complexity of a sigil representing higher forms of intellect. Instead, it has a very primitive aspect to it. One would not be surprised to discover such a symbol in early cave drawings. The symbol seems to communicate the concept of life. But not plant life. It is more insectoid or reptilian, yet at the same time also vaguely mammalian. The very ambiguity of this symbol is also thus deeply suggestive of unknown intent. It can't be discerned whether it is friendly or not. Whatever this symbol is, it also represents an awareness of the observer, hence it also possesses a conscious or volitional aspect. Therefore, caution is in order when confronting it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paintman and Lynne
This is sort of like a Rorschach Inkblot. I suspect that each of us will see somewhat different things in it. I can see several sorts of religious meanings in it. The Trinity above and below, It makes me think somewhat of a broken Jewish Menorah. A Trident in reflection. Somehow it seems to be a sort of symbol of a person in distress. Like I said, and inkblot that can reflect our inner thoughts back at us.

This is sort of like a Rorschach Inkblot. I suspect that each of us will see somewhat different things in it. I can see several sorts of religious meanings in it. The Trinity above and below, It makes me think somewhat of a broken Jewish Menorah. A Trident in reflection. Somehow it seems to be a sort of symbol of a person in distress. Like I said, and inkblot that can reflect our inner thoughts back at us.
I think you just nailed it.

Looking at it as a sigil, sigil's can be created from our inner self and can and should have individual meaning for us. This may have come from your inner self and may represent something unique to you only, Galaxy.

Reactions: Lynne and ozentity
Hi Galexy,
Interesting...i am almost positive that this symbol seems familiar in some way to me too...but i can't remember from where i would have seen it either !? It does give a sense of something more then doodeling to me...
I see upward and reverse in it...meaning i think it represent something that can be upward and also reverse...like a mirror image or positive/negative ...
I guess the important is how do you have the thought to draw it or where does it come to you ... maybe it is guiding you to something ... an answer to something you are wondering about ... a place, a culture, an archeology site ... Since it is your sign and you are the one to receive it, then you are the one that would know or will find more about it ... pay attention around you for something that would be a link to it maybe ...
Good luck in your findings

I like Tex’s explanation. Perhaps you are noticing this in your environment because it is now in your consciousness. Sometime you saw the shape and you subconsciously made an association. You now see it because your brain is looking for it. Just an idea on it.
If it is a message to you from a higher being, you might pray or meditate for an answer.

That is definitely an alchemist sign. What precisely it means is lost to the ages. Many used their own language code, so it could mean anything.
When I learned about Universal symbols in shrink school we were taught that if they come from a dream or spontaneous writing, you have considerable leeway in determining meaning.

If you bisect the image horizontally, it is a very old ideogram for fire. So the actual image and the image itself reversed would be double fire? It was also used to signify a halo around the Moon. Double moon halo? That double image could also represent the golden number 18. It was used to calculate the phases of the moon in medieval times.
This could be a combination of symbols to represent a formula. The straight vertical line signifies one single element. The fire symbol and the upside-down fire symbol could mean this was an element heated twice to change its properties.

Does any of this resonate with you?

That is definitely an alchemist sign. What precisely it means is lost to the ages. Many used their own language code, so it could mean anything.
When I learned about Universal symbols in shrink school we were taught that if they come from a dream or spontaneous writing, you have considerable leeway in determining meaning.

If you bisect the image horizontally, it is a very old ideogram for fire. So the actual image and the image itself reversed would be double fire? It was also used to signify a halo around the Moon. Double moon halo? That double image could also represent the golden number 18. It was used to calculate the phases of the moon in medieval times.
This could be a combination of symbols to represent a formula. The straight vertical line signifies one single element. The fire symbol and the upside-down fire symbol could mean this was an element heated twice to change its properties.

Does any of this resonate with you?
I'm so glad we have you around here, Paint! Thanks for posting that info...great stuff.