Survives fall from 15,000 ft.

luck guy. he must've hit the perfectly shaped roof pitch. I've heard of it happening on hills or such. HALO jump he had to be at terminal velocity too. though it does say it failed to open correctly. wonder if it was a blow out or a mae west kinda malfunction?.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paintman
luck guy. he must've hit the perfectly shaped roof pitch. I've heard of it happening on hills or such. HALO jump he had to be at terminal velocity too. though it does say it failed to open correctly. wonder if it was a blow out or a may west kinda malfunction?.
I wondered if it was a partially deployed chute that slowed him down "just enough".

I wondered if it was a partially deployed chute that slowed him down "just enough".
same here, ive seen malfunctions that while scary, will still slow you down to 50 or so miles per hour. a fully equipped trooper hitting a roof at 50 miles an hour at 280 pounds will go through and leave a nice hole...lol... again though, luck guy... could have been some broken parts from that.

Reactions: Paintman and Debi
same here, ive seen malfunctions that while scary, will still slow you down to 50 or so miles per hour. a fully equipped trooper hitting a roof at 50 miles an hour at 280 pounds will go through and leave a nice hole...lol... again though, luck guy... could have been some broken parts from that.

Here's a different article that says the chute didn't fully deploy, so yeah he probably had a line over. Do paratroopers wear reserve chutes for HALO jumps?

Here's a different article that says the chute didn't fully deploy, so yeah he probably had a line over. Do paratroopers wear reserve chutes for HALO jumps?
normally a reserve is worn, but traveling at terminal velocity and opening the chute at 2 to 3 thousand feet or lower doesnt give much time to deploy the reserve. like trying to open a reserve in a 500 foot combat jump. the ground is there before you know it.

Reactions: Paintman
normally a reserve is worn, but traveling at terminal velocity and opening the chute at 2 to 3 thousand feet or lower doesnt give much time to deploy the reserve. like trying to open a reserve in a 500 foot combat jump. the ground is there before you know it.
Yeah, that's why I asked if they even bothered to wear a reserve on a HALO, not enough time to cut away the malfunctioned main and deploy the reserve. Probably better off without the extra weight and bulk of a reserve.

Reactions: Paulm