Surveillance techniques

Back when I listened to Art years ago, anyone who thought what Snowden revealed was issued a tinfoil hat!

I remember back in the early 90s listening to Art and he had a guest on that was discussing our government testing biological agents on us. He gave a link so you could view this document online. I printed it out and read it. It was a law that contained the steps that the government can legally use to secretly test on us. I realized that night that my government was probably spraying something on somebody somewhere. I thought only foreign countries did this.

I quit being so quick to discredit conspiracy theories. Nobody could of convinced me that our government had a law like that. I would of issued them a tinfoil hat. But I read the law myself. Sadly, it was true.

Back when I listened to Art years ago, anyone who thought what Snowden revealed was issued a tinfoil hat!
Today we still think "outside of the box" and tin foil hats remain {{{sigh}}}

Reactions: Debi
That was years ago (tin foil hat), today many Americans are of the opinion that to question the government is "unpatriotic"....and now days those unpatriotic people (who should leave America if they don't like what the federal government says) are NOW issued an aluminum foil hat....

I remember back in the early 90s listening to Art and he had a guest on that was discussing our government testing biological agents on us. He gave a link so you could view this document online. I printed it out and read it. It was a law that contained the steps that the government can legally use to secretly test on us. I realized that night that my government was probably spraying something on somebody somewhere. I thought only foreign countries did this.

I quit being so quick to discredit conspiracy theories. Nobody could of convinced me that our government had a law like that. I would of issued them a tinfoil hat. But I read the law myself. Sadly, it was true.

That's actually why I think we really have to scrutinize these theories and the people who spread them. Because some of them really are legit and they should be exposed. Unfortunately, because anyone and their mom can post their own theory online or write a book and have it reach the eyes and ears of millions, the whole field becomes diluted. There have been a plethora of real, honest-to-goodness conspiracies that have had very damaging impacts on our society (ie: Gulf of Tonkin), but when people are claiming that almost every single event of human importance is orchestrated by either the government or some cabal of shadowy figures, the truth becomes lost in a sea of lies.

...Or could all that be part of some elaborate disinformation program? :D

I'll tell you what - conspiracies that make logical sense and actually give people some sort of advantage (usually monetary in nature) as a result, are ones that I will give thought and consideration to. Unfortunately, that's a pretty small fraction of what's floating out there in cyberspace and elsewhere.

Reactions: curandero81
That was years ago (tin foil hat), today many Americans are of the opinion that to question the government is "unpatriotic"....and now days those unpatriotic people (who should leave America if they don't like what the federal government says) are NOW issued an aluminum foil hat....

I completely disagree , many Americans question the Federal Government and more and more are becoming enlightened and disillusioned with the Government , Many have moved to Europe and South America to escape and have turned in their American Passports and citizenship documents , one reason is they no longer have to pay taxes to Uncle Sam though the main reason is that they have had enough !

I completely disagree , many Americans question the Federal Government and more and more are becoming enlightened and disillusioned with the Government , Many have moved to Europe and South America to escape and have turned in their American Passports and citizenship documents , one reason is they no longer have to pay taxes to Uncle Sam though the main reason is that they have had enough !
I agree 100%, but I bet many (not all)
of the federal government advocates would consider it fine..those people left, and not concern themselves as to why they chose to leave. (a very serious decision)
And by the way how did it come to pass the Ferderal government, various alphabet agencies, military and arms producers become the largest employer in the USA....wasn't so during the lifetime of our founding fathers...
But I do think your point is valid.

And by the way how did it come to pass the Ferderal government, various alphabet agencies, military and arms producers become the largest employer in the USA..

Smoke and Mirrors .... information and disinformation , weapons to ally's which seem to change day by day depending on whichever political decision is in Vogue , wars...we need wars to sell even more equipment and in the end it all has to do with creating wealth for a minority who control most of these transactions , just my opinion.!