Surprise

TonyM

Deactivated Account
Reaction score
Website
monaghan.tv
I'm cruising with my instructor as I'm converting to an Ikarus C42 and I ask what would you do do if the engine died right now? He cut the the power and said what would you do? The farmer was a bit surprised...

Reactions: 7Critter and Duke
I'm cruising with my instructor as I'm converting to an Ikarus C42 and I ask what would you do do if the engine died right now? He cut the the power and said what would you do? The farmer was a bit surprised...

I remember my brother inlaw telling me he had to do an emergency landing on dirt road as part of his flight training to get his license as he got low enough to land he said his instructor said that was good enough and he didnt have to do the landing it was part of the test to see how he would handle the situation.

Although I'm impressed as hell with the skill level and the guts it takes to do this, can you hear my primal screaming?!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Reactions: TonyM

I did not realize Ikarus was still manufacturing aircraft. They produced some attractive, if outdated, military aircraft for Yugoslavia and some of the other Eastern European nations prior to and early into WWII. They are obscure to most in the West since the bulk of them were decimated by the Germans. My favorite of the lot was the IK-2, a very pretty parasol design.
ikarus-IK2-copia.jpg